The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   Companion Horse-PA/NY (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/companion-horse-pa-ny-126375/)

Woodland Eventer 06-08-2012 10:17 PM

Companion Horse-PA/NY

Hambone("Hammy") is a sweet 14 year old gelding looking for a new home. He was purchased as a show horse for a young rider and is no longer sound. Very sweet to humans and passive with other animals. Handled by a 3-year old girl, Hammy is very calm and patient.

The unsoundness doesn't cause him awful pain and is on and off better/worse. He can be ridden VERY lightly on his better days. He's been checked by vet and farrier, no clue what is going on. He will go to auction if he doesn't find a good home soon.

Please message me for further details.

Rachel1786 06-09-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodland Eventer (Post 1538946)
Hambone("Hammy") is a sweet 14 year old gelding looking for a new home. He was purchased as a show horse for a young rider and is no longer sound. Very sweet to humans and passive with other animals. Handled by a 3-year old girl, Hammy is very calm and patient.

The unsoundness doesn't cause him awful pain and is on and off better/worse. He can be ridden VERY lightly on his better days. He's been checked by vet and farrier, no clue what is going on. He will go to auction if he doesn't find a good home soon.

Please message me for further details.

I just saw a post in the Cloverleaf saddle club facebook group that a woman was looking for a companion horse and babysitter for her 2 1/2 year old granddaughter. I'll post the link there for you, maybe it will be a good match. Good Luck, hope you find Hammy a good home!

Woodland Eventer 06-09-2012 04:25 PM

Wonderful. Thanks so much!

sorrel gelding 07-09-2012 02:28 PM

Did you sell Hambone yet? And where are you located and how much does he cost? Please leave a private message in return. Thanks!