The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Western Pleasure (http://www.horseforum.com/western-pleasure/)
-   -   What Colors? (http://www.horseforum.com/western-pleasure/what-colors-126534/)

tasunke 06-10-2012 11:51 AM

What Colors?

I will be leasing a Palomino and showing him in WP, showmanship, and trail. Besides purple, what colors would look good on him? Looking for something that will look right with my light skin complexion.

Here are a few shirts I like:

1) Hobby Horse Clothing Co. - Wonderland Super Slinky LTD
2) Hobby Horse Clothing Co. - Pippa SwitchIt Jacket LTD

CLaPorte432 06-10-2012 12:16 PM

Oh I just LOVE the first one!

Purple is always striking on palominos.
The light blue would look great too!

arilovesmatilda 06-10-2012 12:31 PM

Burgandy red definatly!!

equiniphile 06-10-2012 01:03 PM

I like the second best. Hobby Horse makes excellent shirts/slinkies, I have over ten of them that I've accumulated and they hold up amazingly well.

TristaJean 06-10-2012 01:10 PM

I love the second one!
Posted via Mobile Device

tasunke 06-10-2012 06:20 PM

Feel free to suggest colors :)

spurstop 06-10-2012 08:17 PM

I'd go with the second style in the color in the picture.

Skyseternalangel 06-10-2012 09:36 PM

I think burgundy or darker shade of red would be striking with silver belt buckles on a palomino :)

Light blue too, or like a darker teal.

wild old thing 06-27-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tasunke (Post 1540722)
I will be leasing a Palomino and showing him in WP, showmanship, and trail. Besides purple, what colors would look good on him? Looking for something that will look right with my light skin complexion.

Here are a few shirts I like:

1) Hobby Horse Clothing Co. - Wonderland Super Slinky LTD
2) Hobby Horse Clothing Co. - Pippa SwitchIt Jacket LTD

I like the aqua for the first one, aside from being a flattering color for most everyone, it's a standout - flashy but not garish.

For the jacket, I LOVE the muted olive and the whiskey brown, but because they're so neutral and nearly skin colored, you'd have to be sure they flatter you. You don't want to "disappear" into the arena if your outfit is too close to ground color and/or your horse's color. Keep in mind how you're going to look from a distance. You want to stand out.

If it were my choice, I'd go with the second - the jacket, because it's a very classy look. I'd probably end up opting for the brown over the olive, because I look like I died last week when I wear acidy greens. But my preference is that olive. It's really gorgeous but you have to have the exact right coloring for it.

tasunke 06-27-2012 11:09 PM

I've decided on the color turquoise since I have a saddle pad and the second top I can wear in SMS than rail classes.