The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Movies, Music, and TV (http://www.horseforum.com/movies-music-tv/)
-   -   It's a drive-in movie night! Any reviews on Snow White & The Huntsman? (http://www.horseforum.com/movies-music-tv/its-drive-movie-night-any-reviews-126574/)

MHFoundation Quarters 06-10-2012 07:32 PM

It's a drive-in movie night! Any reviews on Snow White & The Huntsman?

I love that a short drive from us is a drive in theater. It's so much fun! Sit in the bed of the truck, DD wants to take an air mattress :lol:

Tonight we are going to see a double feature, the first movie for my kiddo - Madagascar 3. She's driving me crazy singing the afro circus song from the trailer. :-x I'm going for the second movie, Snow White & The Hunstman. Anyone seen it? Was it good or should I skip it and go to bed? :lol:

DrumRunner 06-10-2012 07:36 PM

It's good!! I saw it last weekend and I was impressed.. I was a little skeptical because Kristen Stewart and her one facial expression but I thought she did really good. Much better than the Twilight movies.. Charlize Theron is always awesome. She did a fantastic job...Definitely hot guys as a plus also.. It has it's more animated "snow white" themed parts but it's not cheesy.. I'd go see it again.

Golden Horse 06-10-2012 07:37 PM

Oh you mean people go to the drive ins to actually watch a movie, who knew?

Can't help with a review, but can't wait for a review of Madagascar 3

MHFoundation Quarters 06-10-2012 07:43 PM

Thanks Drum! It looks awesome, should my kiddo not crash is it too gory for a 7 year old to handle?

Well, GH, when you are taking kiddos you kinda have to watch the movie :lol: My hubby found great fun the last time we went, he shined his mag lite & tapped on windows of some youngsters that were parked way too close to the concession stand not to get caught. He scared them half to death, I was laughing so hard I was crying.

I'll be sure to review Madagascar for you. Complete with "nun nun nun na nun uh, afro circus"

DrumRunner 06-10-2012 07:58 PM

It's not really too gory.. It may scare her a little when Charlize is doing her whole "evil queen" thing, but not a whole lot of blood and stuff..There is like sword fighting and people being shot with a bow and arrow..

MHFoundation Quarters 06-10-2012 08:01 PM

Thanks! I think she can handle that.

DrumRunner 06-10-2012 09:20 PM

You're welcome! I hope y'all enjoy it!