The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Bates Caprilli dressage saddle, opinions needed ASAP! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/bates-caprilli-dressage-saddle-opinions-needed-126593/)

Klassic Superstar 06-10-2012 11:27 PM

Bates Caprilli dressage saddle, opinions needed ASAP!

Tuesday I will be trying out (yes getting pictures too!) a 17" bates Caprilli dressage saddle, I have been trying to find the right dressage saddle for both Oliver and I for awhile!

Iv never ridden in the brand of saddle, I was told by the person helping me with Ollie that it should be a good saddle for us, she has worked with the saddle before.
It comes with the full set of interchangeable gullets.

So what is your take on this dressage saddle?!

equiniphile 06-11-2012 09:06 AM

If you buy it, I would have the panels re-flocked with wool. A lot of people don't like the CAIR panels. I've also noticed that the quality of the newer saddles is not nearly as nice as the older ones. The tree is flatter than most saddles, so if Oliver has a curvy back it might not fit him. Someone in my Pony Club has an older Caprilli and it is absolutely gorgeous.

Talk to Fancy That on the HGS forum; she had the close contact model and is a huge advocate of it.

Klassic Superstar 06-11-2012 02:40 PM

Im pretty sure its an older model!

cant wait to try it on him and ride in it!

CJ82Sky 06-11-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by equiniphile (Post 1541953)
If you buy it, I would have the panels re-flocked with wool. A lot of people don't like the CAIR panels. I've also noticed that the quality of the newer saddles is not nearly as nice as the older ones. The tree is flatter than most saddles, so if Oliver has a curvy back it might not fit him. Someone in my Pony Club has an older Caprilli and it is absolutely gorgeous.

Talk to Fancy That on the HGS forum; she had the close contact model and is a huge advocate of it.

totally agreed - i have an older model and they were made in AUS compared to the newer ones made in Vietnam (they are stamped so you can know for sure). the older CAIR panels are even nicer and much different than the newer ones. i'm actually selling mine bc it's basically brand new and i never use it and i've had it for ages in my house, covered, and it's just a waste so i feel bad. i'll miss it but it really doesn't make sense to keep it. it was the ONLY saddle that my one TB with major back issues would go sound in.

as long as it's an older one, go for it! also i noticed the dressage seats tend to run small as i'm a 17" cc but a 17.5" dressage in my Bates.

Klassic Superstar 06-12-2012 12:38 AM

How much are you asking for it?
Gal decided not to sell....poopy!

CJ82Sky 06-12-2012 04:12 PM

here's all the info: http://www.horseforum.com/tack-equip...100%25-126705/

it's only been ridden in a handfull of times, is the one that was 100% made in AUS (unlike the new ones) and is actually the Isabell not the Caprilli - which was about $600 more new. selling with fittings, incl Bates leathers, fancy stirrups, and 2 girths. PM me if you are interested - pretty motivated to sell so would love to work something out! i can get you pictures as soon as i get home this fri. PM me if you want :)