The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Farm Animals (http://www.horseforum.com/farm-animals/)
-   -   How old is your goat? (http://www.horseforum.com/farm-animals/how-old-your-goat-126724/)

SaddleStrings 06-11-2012 10:44 PM

How old is your goat?

I am just curious how many others have an old goat. I have a Toggenberg, alpine cross wether named Romeo who is 15 years old. I have had him since he was a baby. He loves to go for walks around the neighborhood, loves watermelons, pumpkins, the occasional slice or two of wheat bread, and goat treats. By looking at Romeo, you wouldn't know he was 15 yrs old! He still acts very much like a youngster. He does get a little stiff in the winter, but in the summer he's wild as ever. He maybe has become a little more grouchy in his years, but is still the same goat that I got when I was 11 yrs old.

Eclipse295 06-11-2012 11:09 PM

Which Goat?
Currently I own 8. 7 LaManchas(you know the funky ones without ears? yeah.) And one Alpine.
3 are Market Goats to be sold at fair in August(born sometime after Jan. 1st) 2 are breeding does who are under 9 months old, 1 is a yearling who was 'accedently' bred last fall by her past owners we didn't keep milking her after her kid was weaned, 1(the Alpine) is a milking doe, and one is a funky buck.

The 3 younger does are all registered breeding stock. We drove 4 hours one way to get the first we bought and 3 hours one way to get the other 2. Cricket, Kami, and Shelly.

mysticalhorse 06-12-2012 07:45 AM

Mine are all young right now but I hope to have them still when they are old! My goats all have coffee names and the 1st one I got was Mocha(doe) who is a yearling, then we got Folgers (doe) she is 1 1/2, next up is our spoiled yet sweet someday herd sire Black Silk and our newest little girl is Mint at 3 months old. My girls are all mix breed miniatures but my buck is a Nigerian Dwarf. We have picked out one more buck to be company for Silk but he is currently 2 weeks old so it will be a little while before he comes home. His name is Frapp (Mint, Mocha, Frappicno) and he is a nubian x toggianburg (sp?). I love all my goats and cant wait till they start having babies....well the 2 older girls.
Posted via Mobile Device

gigem88 06-12-2012 08:50 AM

Hahahaaa....I thought this would be about husbands!!!