The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tattoos

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  SHINE LIMITED 
#1 ·
What's your opinion.

I'll be 25 next year and that means I'll have ha the exact same idea for a tattoo for 10 years.

My idea is not original at all.

I want a horse head on my right hip no halter etc mane flowing in the wind. Only an outline in a brown tone.

To me horses are the ideal depiction of 4 values
Freedom
Beauty
Power
Strength ( mostly emotional)

The hip is an area I can show off easily but will be covered most of the time. It will not show in ball gowns or any clothes i'd be wearing to work (future primary teacher). For that matter barely any clothes day to day!

So what's your take on them?

Is this a crazy idea?
Posted via Mobile Device

See less See more
#2 ·
Go for it! You only live one time, so do whatever makes you happy! I turned 18 like three years ago and i went down and got my first tattoo. Its on my back and it goes from shoulder to shoulder and takes up a good portion of my upper back. No one can see it but if i wear a swimsuit or tube top, you can see it and I loooove it!
It hurts to get tatted, however, its a pain that you can stand and will probably want again after your first one...lol sounds crazy but you will see what i mean :)
Good luck with whatever your decision is!!
Posted via Mobile Device

#4 ·
Im 23 and have 8 tattoos now. All of them are small besides my newest one that covers half my back and still isnt finished. Just some more shading to do but after 4 hours I was done!

I only have one that is visible most of the time and its on my forearm. Sometimes it bugs me because when people meet me its usually the first thing that they look at but oh well. I love the tattoo.

The horse sounds beautiful and as long as you have been thinking about it for that long, Id get it. I had the picture printed of the one I just got on my back and kept it in my desk and it was on my phone. Thought about it for a year and finally decided to get it and LOVE it.

Attachments

#5 ·
I think it would be beautiful. :) Sounds like you've put a lot of thought into it, and if you still want it after a decade, go for it.

#9 ·
I second going to a really good artist. Way too many folks have tatoos that are plain black and white, no artistry to them. Sit down with them and design it, ask them about the stretching issue. Just remember to use the sunscreen-otherwise the colors fade.
Here is an example. This is the guy I go to......unfortunately no horses, tho......just a fabulous artist.
Art With A Pulse Tattoo Studio | Norm Wright

Keep in mind that certain areas are also more painful to have done. Some of the pics in his gallery are my kids, actually. Find someone who does animals well, also. They all have certain things they do best.

#10 ·
Hi! I recently got my first tatt. Upper arm. Almost half sleeve of Our lady of San Juan de los Lagos. It is a work of art and I love it. U should go for it. U will love looking at it. A great tatt artist is a must. I saw a lot of so so and bad ones at convention at Harley d. Museum. Good luck and truly embrace it!
Posted via Mobile Device

#11 ·
I'm with the get a good artist crowd. I have an aaron cane gun with a top gun motor and I refuse to use bad ink. I've been doing tattoos for the past year, have completed over thirty pieces of work, and have four big unfinished pieces to work on on my bf. I would not sell my work to anybody, but I do have two tatoos I didn't do myself on my body. I love all of mine, but you have to be careful that your artist knows exactly what you want and has the skills to do it right, or you'll hate it for the rest of your life. As per my boyfriends clown thing. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

#12 ·
Love that user name ! I just came in from a ride-one super nice straight left lead lope depart and now had a great laugh about clown!had a buddy with Big Mac tatt and now is a vegan.hates it and no money to alter or erase.Big lesson for me.u are right-artists are subject talented depending on interest
Posted via Mobile Device

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.