The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Can you guys PLEASE send me some rain? (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/can-you-guys-please-send-me-126802/)

FlyGap 06-12-2012 03:06 PM

Can you guys PLEASE send me some rain?

28 Attachment(s)
So in NW Arkansas we are at an 8+ inch deficit. My fields are dust, yard is nothing but weeds, pond has been dry for over a month, and my WELL IS RUNNING DRY! I really need to hog the pasture but I can't in fear of burning up what little grass I have left! Did it last year and just about ruined them.

Super sike yesterday, they had warnings for bad thunderstorms and it swept by us by a few dozen miles! Then the storms lazily dumped inches just east of us.

This is just insane. How are you guys doing?

DancingArabian 06-12-2012 03:09 PM

It's been rainy and gloomy all day here in Maryland :(. I don't have an indoor or rain gear so riding is out.
Posted via Mobile Device

tinyliny 06-12-2012 03:16 PM

If I could, I would. WE have had the entire month's rain (JUne) int he first week. Looks like we are setting up for another cold, wet summer. Washington state.

Taffy Clayton 06-12-2012 03:43 PM

Just south of me tons of rain, no rain for me in 5 or 6 weeks.
Lots of thunder yesterday, as soon as it got to us half went north and half went south. All I am doing is watering something.

cakemom 06-12-2012 04:02 PM

We are having lots but really need it. But you can have 1/2!!
Posted via Mobile Device

MHFoundation Quarters 06-12-2012 04:06 PM

Send me some too, pretty please? We don't have it quite that bad but we need rain too. Thought we were going to get a good storm last night and it went south of us :(
Posted via Mobile Device

FlyGap 06-12-2012 04:06 PM

28 Attachment(s)
Yep, was watering tons but now can't! I'm going to lose my lovely squash, they are turning into gourds. Hopefully some rain will come! We only did a 500 sq. Ft. Garden this year, but I'll be lucky to get a freezer full. And what I do get is going to be tough!

We are getting ready to put in an underground water storage tank and have the water hauler start coming out. Only 3k! And I'm not EVEN going to let DH tell me the fill bill.
My hub thinks its going to be GREAT, but just the three horses will empty it in no time. Shhh don't let him know!

I just looked at the forecast again, it's changed from some hope to nil, come on guys! Lol!
Posted via Mobile Device

texasgal 06-12-2012 04:09 PM

Ugh ..

OT, but where do you live in Arkansas? I'm planning a trip up to NW Ark in July to pick up a colt and possibly a started gelding from a QH ranch up there.

smrobs 06-12-2012 04:31 PM

I hear you, we've gotten more rain already this year than we got all last year, but things are still brown and crispy and the dirt is blowing everywhere. We're like you, it seems that every time there is storms anywhere in the area, they manage to go all the way around us without dropping so much as a sprinkle :?.

FlyGap 06-12-2012 04:50 PM

28 Attachment(s)
I live between Ozark, AR, and Fayetteville, AR on Hwy 23.
Good luck on the colt! Where is the ranch?