The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   my horse is afriad of saddles (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/my-horse-afriad-saddles-126856/)

mustanglover1992 06-12-2012 11:40 PM

my horse is afriad of saddles

My name is Nicki and my mustang mare is broke. i can ride her bare back but it's a constient 15 minutes of ring around the rosey to get the saddle on her back. then a couple weeks ago i tryed to get on her while the saddle was on her back, and she started to buck. i need any advice i can get, becuase ive never had a horse in my life do this. and this is my frist horse ive owned

CLaPorte432 06-12-2012 11:41 PM

893 Attachment(s)
Get a trainer. They will be able to give you hands on help.
Posted via Mobile Device

katbalu 06-12-2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mustanglover1992 (Post 1545128)
My name is Nicki and my mustang mare is broke.
ive never had a horse in my life do this. and this is my frist horse ive owned

Not as broke as you think she is. Can you afford a trainer?
Posted via Mobile Device

franknbeans 06-12-2012 11:47 PM

Sorry-I agree with both of the above. You will need the help of a trainer. She is definitely NOT broke.

themacpack 06-12-2012 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mustanglover1992 (Post 1545128)
My name is Nicki and my mustang mare is broke. i can ride her bare back but it's a constient 15 minutes of ring around the rosey to get the saddle on her back. then a couple weeks ago i tryed to get on her while the saddle was on her back, and she started to buck. i need any advice i can get, becuase ive never had a horse in my life do this. and this is my frist horse ive owned

??? I'm having a little trouble following that. How much experience do you have with horses? Is this horse one that you have gotten unstarted and are attempting to train yourself or is it a horse that came to you trained and you are having troubles with due to your own inexperience?
The short answer is, you both need the assistance of a professional before one, or both, of you is injured or otherwise damaged by these attempts.

mustanglover1992 06-12-2012 11:58 PM

if she wasnt broke you guys then i wouldnt be able to ride her bareback without an issue. and no i cant afforid a trainer. ive had some exsperencie, with rideing ive been around horses scene i was 6 but this is the first horse ive owned. and she know's me pritty well. and i dought she's gonna hurt me, she's more likely to hurt my cuzin then me. becuz im around her every day and im strong then my cuzin and the people at the barn that im at to work with her. i aint dumb with horses, im just trying to do the best for my little girl. she take's and under stands her bit. i just believe she's had trama in the past from former abouse. and i know she has, cause when i bought her, she was in a muddy paducked with a bad case of slipper foot. which she didnt have her feet done all winter

katbalu 06-12-2012 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mustanglover1992 (Post 1545165)
if she wasnt broke you guys then i wouldnt be able to ride her bareback without an issue. and no i cant afforid a trainer. ive had some exsperencie, with rideing ive been around horses scene i was 6 but this is the first horse ive owned. and she know's me pritty well. and i dought she's gonna hurt me, she's more likely to hurt my cuzin then me. becuz im around her every day and im strong then my cuzin and the people at the barn that im at to work with her. i aint dumb with horses, im just trying to do the best for my little girl. she take's and under stands her bit. i just believe she's had trama in the past from former abouse. and i know she has, cause when i bought her, she was in a muddy paducked with a bad case of slipper foot. which she didnt have her feet done all winter

And with that, *I'm out*.
Posted via Mobile Device

mustanglover1992 06-13-2012 12:02 AM

i mean i got someone over in NY who dose the extreme mustang mackover's whos willing to help me free of charge. but it's just setting up a time and place for her to help me.

franknbeans 06-13-2012 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mustanglover1992 (Post 1545171)
i mean i got someone over in NY who dose the extreme mustang mackover's whos willing to help me free of charge. but it's just setting up a time and place for her to help me.

I suggest you make yourself available, and soak up what they tell you like a sponge. Just because you can sit on a horse bareback does not make them "broke".

Cowgirls Boots 06-13-2012 12:14 AM

125 Attachment(s)
By doing what's best for her (and you) would be getting both of you a trainer.
Posted via Mobile Device