The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Hoof Care (http://www.horseforum.com/hoof-care/)
-   -   Dr Steve O'Grady DVM lectures ? (http://www.horseforum.com/hoof-care/dr-steve-ogrady-dvm-lectures-126882/)

desert country 06-13-2012 02:50 AM

Dr Steve O'Grady DVM lectures ?

Is his lectures on YouTube are reliable source on information ?

the series called "An In Depth Look at Hoof Care" in 6 parts

thanks,
Doron

Horseman56 06-13-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desert country (Post 1545449)

thanks,
Doron

In a word, yes.

Dr. O'Grady is well known and respected in both the veterinary and farriery trades. Like Dr. Ric Redden, Steve is not only a vet, he's also a competent farrier. Steve was a practicing farrier for a number of years before he decided to train as a veterinarian. I think this gave him a unique perspective and advantage over many of his peers.

Attend just about any major farriery seminar or convention and you'll invariably see Steve and Ric in attendance as lecturers. The most interesting aspect of their lectures isn't always what they present in common, but rather, where they tend to disagree. Definitely two very different personalities with different approaches to veterinary medicine as it applies to farriery.

You'll find that Dr. O'Grady is better at publishing his views/work/travels for public dissemination. I've always appreciated it when he took the time to critique and comment on my own work. He's certainly on my "go to" list when I run into a tough therapeutic case and I think I'm a better farrier today because of his contributions to the trade. We'd all be better off if there were more vets like Steve and Ric.

Cheers,
Mark

gigem88 06-13-2012 10:23 AM

Hmmm, I'll have to check that out!

bntnail 06-15-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desert country (Post 1545449)

thanks,
Doron

Just read what he has to say.:wink: