The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Typical height for Children's Jumping?

5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Mckellar 
#1 ·
I'm looking into potential divisions I could show in next year.

How high do you usually jump in a child's jumper division?

#2 ·
Every show has what's called a prize list. Basically it's a booklet w a schedule and description of most of the divisions. I'd look for a copy of the prize list at a show you're thinking about doing. The reason I say this is bc depending on where you live, different divisions may be called different things. If you go to a rated show and show in a rated division the names and heights will be the same. For example, the children's hunter is always 3" no matter where you live. For jumpers there isn't a rated division called "child's jumper". There is a Modfied child/adult jumper class that's .9 m. The low children's jumper is 1.05 and the high children's is 1.10 but goes up to 1.15 at the end of the week. These are rated divisions though so if you're doing more local stuff you need to see what's offered in your area.

And just FYI for most jumper divisions here the name is the height. So at our schooling shows the jumpers start off with the .85 and the the .9. We also have a 1 meter.
Posted via Mobile Device

#3 ·
Like said above get a prize list. There's no children's jumps but schooling shows can start at 2'6. And in jumpers its a "child/adult" or a "jr/amature" which ranges from .9m all the way up to 1.40m. It's best to go in those, "open" classes are open to professionals so you can get trainers, top riders exc I. The class. They use those for low levels to take new horses, green horses or show for clients but usually they clean up

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.