The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   Exercises to strengthen the core? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/exercises-strengthen-core-127141/)

Vidalaequine 06-14-2012 09:10 PM

Exercises to strengthen the core?
 
Has anyone got any good exercises to help strenghten the core muscles for riding?
Posted via Mobile Device

PaintHorseMares 06-14-2012 09:37 PM

Google Pilates excercises...great for the core.
Posted via Mobile Device

COWCHICK77 06-14-2012 09:49 PM

50 Attachment(s)
Yoga is good, they even have Yoga videos geared towards people who ride.

MyBoyPuck 06-14-2012 10:41 PM

Agreed, pilates. Painful but powerful.

Vidalaequine 06-15-2012 01:39 AM

yoga and pilates were my first thoughts. Hehe, i'll look them up later when im not on my phone. Thanks guys
Posted via Mobile Device

Skyseternalangel 06-15-2012 01:41 AM

Planks, sit ups, any exercise ball work, yoga, dancing, hiking, more riding.

katbalu 06-15-2012 01:43 AM

Jogging/running. Sitting on that stupid inflatable ball instead of a chair. Rowing/paddling. Crunches. Planks. Crunches on that stupid inflatable ball.
Posted via Mobile Device

tinyliny 06-15-2012 01:45 AM

huggging that stupid inflatable ball. having a nice dinner with that stupid inflatable ball. taking it to bed with you, and having that stupid inflatable ball with you when you look in the mirror, so you can say to yourself, "At least I don't look like that stupid inflatable ball".

katbalu 06-15-2012 01:47 AM

Introducing stupid inflatable ball to stupid sharp knife...
Posted via Mobile Device

Skyseternalangel 06-15-2012 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katbalu (Post 1548967)
Sitting on that stupid inflatable ball instead of a chair. Crunches on that stupid inflatable ball.
Posted via Mobile Device

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinyliny (Post 1548970)
huggging that stupid inflatable ball. having a nice dinner with that stupid inflatable ball. taking it to bed with you, and having that stupid inflatable ball with you when you look in the mirror, so you can say to yourself, "At least I don't look like that stupid inflatable ball".

Quote:

Originally Posted by katbalu (Post 1548975)
Introducing stupid inflatable ball to stupid sharp knife...
Posted via Mobile Device


Guys, it's really not that bad. I prefer that over doing it on the ground as I have major tailbone issues.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0