The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   Odd riding... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/odd-riding-12715/)

SarahFair 08-04-2008 10:46 AM

Odd riding...

Haha does anyone do things kinda...off??

Like idk if this would work and someone please tell me if it will or not but I loove the look of a western riding boot even though I ride english. I need a new pair of boots and yesterday I went and bought some western boots. Well after some mix up at the store I got a size 6. I get home and my left foot fits wonderfully but my right foot...It needs a half size bigger! IDK what to do...The store only gives back store credit. :(

But anyways...
Does anyone else do things like this??
Mix styles I guess you could say? lol

Dumas'_Grrrl 08-04-2008 11:11 AM

I don't mix up styles...but that's just because I own all western stuff! :lol:

As far as the boot thing goes...I would take the boots back and get the half size bigger pair and put an extra sock on the smaller foot. :wink:

SarahFair 08-04-2008 11:14 AM

Oh thats a good Idea putting the extra sock on!
Exciting! But Ill have to wait till thurs :(
Does it seems disrespectful (maybe thats a harsh word) to mix things up??

XxXequinegrlXxX 08-04-2008 11:19 AM

naw not at all .. i ride both english and western and sometimes i ride english with jeans and cowboy boots on and somtimes i ride western in half chaps and paddock boots =]

Dumas'_Grrrl 08-04-2008 11:21 AM

Not to me. Who are you disrespecting? Not the Horse!!! :lol: They don't care what you wear!!!!

I would think that with organized events, showing etc, you wouldn't want to try to start a fashion trend there ,but for everyday riding and lessons it shouldn't be a problem unless your instructor has issues with it.

I go with what's comfy. I have used english bits on western horses...I just don't tell the horse!!! :lol:

PoptartShop 08-04-2008 12:45 PM

That's pretty cool. I don't though- I always wear my English stuff when I ride. (like the boots, breeches, etc.).

JustDressageIt 08-04-2008 01:55 PM

Cool! What boots did you get? I think it's absolutely fine!

BrwnEyedGrl 08-04-2008 05:08 PM

I'm always mixing my styles mainly b/c I dont' show or need to prove anything! I pick & ride in whatever is more comfortable for me & as far as tack goes, I ride in whatever I feel like that day. My horse does both Western & English. If I'm in a jumping mood, I tack her in English, if I'm trailriding or just putzin around the farm I tack up in Western. But I almost always have my "FATBABY's" on which are basically "western" type foot wear! I don't care those things are comfy!! In my opinion your not disrespecting anyone or anything. Again like the others said, if you show I wouldn't do that there but just in your own back yard & for trail purposes who cares!

Pinto Pony 08-04-2008 07:28 PM

I am always mixing it up! I was wearing english boots and helmet while riding western and I wear western shirts and jeans while riding english!

jazzyrider 08-05-2008 06:18 AM

if youre just ridin around the place it doesnt matter if you ride english and are wearing western boots.

maybe you could just swap them for a size bigger ;) sorry if anyone said that already but my internet keeps cutting out so i just read the first post and respond :)