The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Natural Horsemanship (http://www.horseforum.com/natural-horsemanship/)
-   -   Friendship Training = strange. (http://www.horseforum.com/natural-horsemanship/friendship-training-%3D-strange-127201/)

Andi of Longmeadow Farm 06-15-2012 09:54 AM

Friendship Training = strange.

Hi all, I was as curious as a cat about what the "FT" was all about, and got sent an application/registration form. To be honest, it just seems to be a bit much....the list is so long, (regarding all the per-pre-pre work), and then ~ you get to this:

"*Failing to send daily email reports the first thirty days of actual FTXs, (after the Preconditioning Phase) will result in immediate expulsion from the course with no refund."

Oh great, I get to love my horse, but get kicked to the side of the curb if I miss daily reports.

Doesn't this sound a bit to restrictive to you? I have a creepy feeling about this, but then again, I may be to harsh ~ as I have a whole angus beef farm to run, and 5 gardens, just because I want to be friends with my horse. :shock:

gigem88 06-15-2012 10:43 AM

If I had to pay, I would expect them to do the daily report! I think FT is a bunch of hooey, but if someone wants to try it and it works for them....go for it! I prefer to be the leader.

COWCHICK77 06-15-2012 11:02 AM

I have never heard of "Friendship Training"!
What is the theory behind it?

Speed Racer 06-15-2012 11:05 AM

You must be FRIENDS with your horsies and never, ever expect them to do something they don't want, Cowchick. You can't FORCE them, they must WANT to work, or you must let them walk away and come back only when they're ready!

Um, yeah. I don't THINK so! :rofl:

I'm alpha; my horses do what I say, when I say we do it. They don't seem to have an issue with that, since that's how herd hierarchy works.

Skyseternalangel 06-15-2012 11:06 AM

I....went to their site once. Omg... it was like some freaky cult craziness.

Have you watched The Room? Because you will know exactly what I'm talking about when it comes to the crazy people and the objects.. except this is horses and people.

Not my thing.. at all. I'm a friend to my horse, but I'm also his mentor and most importantly, leader of the herd.

He gets that, and we do fine. But have at it, if you'd like to.

Go ahead:
http://www.friendshiptraining.org/word_from_horse.html

COWCHICK77 06-15-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed Racer (Post 1549412)
You must be FRIENDS with your horsies and never, ever expect them to do something they don't want, Cowchick. You can't FORCE them, they must WANT to work, or you must let them walk away and come back only when they're ready!

Um, yeah. I don't THINK so! :rofl:

I'm alpha; my horses do what I say, when I say we do it. They don't seem to have an issue with that, since that's how herd hierarchy works.

Bah ha ha ha ha!!! Ok....awesome....no Kool Aid for me.....

COWCHICK77 06-15-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyseternalangel (Post 1549415)
I....went to their site once. Omg... it was like some freaky cult craziness.

Have you watched The Room? Because you will know exactly what I'm talking about when it comes to the crazy people and the objects.. except this is horses and people.

Not my thing.. at all. I'm a friend to my horse, but I'm also his mentor and most importantly, leader of the herd.

He gets that, and we do fine. But have at it, if you'd like to.

Go ahead:
http://www.friendshiptraining.org/word_from_horse.html

Sky...I am scared to click on that link....LOL!

Tianimalz 06-15-2012 11:17 AM

It's a good site to read if you want to laugh. I try to stay open minded about what works for certain people; but I'm sorry this is the one thing I just can't help but :rofl: all over.

MHFoundation Quarters 06-15-2012 11:17 AM

Oh come on guys, you don't think you can love 'em and squeeze 'em until they want to cut a cow or do a sliding stop or jump a line flawlessly? :shock: If only it were that easy.

Skyseternalangel 06-15-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COWCHICK77 (Post 1549432)
Sky...I am scared to click on that link....LOL!

LOL Sorry but no really. At first glance it's not bad. But then you start reading it.. and it's... o_O lol.

I didn't get a warning, so count yourself lucky!

I think some of the videos are bad too (as in, wtf am I watching) they have good intentions though.. just.. delivery...