The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   your thoughts on colorado saddlery trail saddle (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/your-thoughts-colorado-saddlery-trail-saddle-127239/)

katbalu 06-15-2012 04:07 PM

your thoughts on colorado saddlery trail saddle
 
No. 300-4341, 5341, 6341, 7341 LR Trail Special Saddle [No. 300-4341, 5341, 6341, 7341] - $1,685.00 : Red Dot Horse Equip. Co. Tack, Saddles, Outback Coat Store

thoughts on this saddle? this company? the tree? similar saddles?
I like the looks of this saddle, but I want more educated and experienced thoughts on it, if anyone would be willing to share :-)

gary78bronco 06-15-2012 04:27 PM

I ride a Colorado saddlery, saddle and I love it. Bought it "used" it had hardly been ridden. still had squeaks.

Mine is this one http://coloradosaddlery.com/CDStockmanHC.htm

The only thing I changed were the stirrups. They hurt my feet after riding for a few hours.

katbalu 06-15-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gary78bronco (Post 1549904)
I ride a Colorado saddlery, saddle and I love it. Bought it "used" it had hardly been ridden. still had squeaks.

Mine is this one http://coloradosaddlery.com/CDStockmanHC.htm

The only thing I changed were the stirrups. They hurt my feet after riding for a few hours.

nice :) I'm window shopping and drooling over a saddle to buy when I wear mine out...8 million years from now...

COWCHICK77 06-15-2012 04:35 PM

About 20 years ago, when I was in high school, I remeber them being good. My best friend got one of their ranch saddles for her birthday. We cowboyed all summer and got out of school when we could, started colts and that saddle lasted many years. She abused it! LOL

SouthernTrails 06-15-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katbalu (Post 1549861)
No. 300-4341, 5341, 6341, 7341 LR Trail Special Saddle [No. 300-4341, 5341, 6341, 7341] - $1,685.00 : Red Dot Horse Equip. Co. Tack, Saddles, Outback Coat Store

thoughts on this saddle? this company? the tree? similar saddles?
I like the looks of this saddle, but I want more educated and experienced thoughts on it, if anyone would be willing to share :-)

Have only heard good things about them, they use a Steele Tree and the Upgraded Fleece which is good

.

katbalu 06-15-2012 07:08 PM

What about this 'equi-fit l&r tree'
Posted via Mobile Device

SouthernTrails 06-15-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katbalu (Post 1550155)
What about this 'equi-fit l&r tree'
Posted via Mobile Device

Equift is a Steele Trade Mark, L&R is just something Colorada added to make it seems different I guess, many manufactures add something to identify there name.


.

katbalu 06-16-2012 04:32 PM

Alright!! C'mon lottery!
Posted via Mobile Device


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0