The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Rider Wellness (http://www.horseforum.com/rider-wellness/)
-   -   Why now! (http://www.horseforum.com/rider-wellness/why-now-127318/)

littrella 06-16-2012 10:54 AM

Why now!

I've been doing lessons for a few weeks now. All has been going great. My instructor has been talking about going out on the trails, had a friend call & see when I wanted to go riding with her....
Monday night at work, basically doing 3 person job by myself & something poped in my shoulder. Long story short, Dr thinks it may be a tear in the cartlidge, but we have to wait for work comp. to ok the MRI. so untill then, Dr has nixed any riding.
Everything was going so good, why now!!!

redpony 06-16-2012 10:58 AM

Sorry this happened :( But I do think it's important to wait until you know for sure what is wrong, so you don't cause further damage. Try to think of it as 'good things come to those wait'
Posted via Mobile Device

littrella 06-22-2012 09:54 AM

finally got the MRI yesterday, now I have to wait till Monday to get the results from the DR. Having horsie withdrawls!!!!!!

Skyseternalangel 06-22-2012 09:57 AM

Heal up whatever it is! Hugs, feel better soon. Your horses are probably missing you too! Mine loves to be ridden, lol.

redpony 06-22-2012 09:58 AM

Good at least things are progressing! Hope there is good news for you on Monday
Posted via Mobile Device

littrella 06-26-2012 09:38 AM

well, Dr said the MRI was good. no tears, just severly inflamed rotater cuff & bicept mussel. got a cortizone injection (which really hurt!!!!) physical therapy & recheck in a month. He said I can go back to riding as long as I promise not to fall off!

redpony 06-26-2012 09:47 AM

Great! Glad there was no serious damage.......now.....DON'T FALL OFF! Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

littrella 06-26-2012 07:21 PM

lol, that shouldn't be a problem, called my instructor & found out my lesson horse went lame in both fronts the day I got hurt. they found abcesses in both, so she's trying to figure out which if any of the others she's willing to put me on. most of her other horses only do english

redpony 06-26-2012 09:33 PM

Well better to be safe than sorry, maybe you just need to wait it out for awhile. Hope you get some saddle time soon!!
Posted via Mobile Device