The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   mad neighbor (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/mad-neighbor-12733/)

farmpony84 08-04-2008 03:25 PM

mad neighbor

my neighbor is mad because they think my dog got their dog pregnant.. only time will tell... i keep my dog on a leash unless i am home and then i let him run free... i have 80 acres, i should be able to let him run free... they have 30 acres and feel they should be able to let their dogs run free too.... (they ahve like 5 unfixed males and a female)... but my dog gets the blame...

anyway... to be the responsible owner i made the appointmetn to get him fixed next friday... i wanted to wait until he was a full year, but he's 10 months... close enough... just complaining....

Gingerrrrr 08-04-2008 03:30 PM

tell them to take it and shove it.....they have about 5 UNFIXED boys and a girl....thats just looking for trouble right there. honestly this is stupid. ignore them. most likely it was one of there dogs who got the girl pregnant..

Cat 08-04-2008 04:12 PM

Actually all the dogs could be to blame - litters can have multiple fathers. Its still the responsible thing to get your dogs fixed - and there is no reason to wait until they are a year, other than to let them learn bad hormonal habbits. Unfortunately it doesn't sound like your neighbor will do the responsible thing and get their dogs fixed. :roll:

Salty_alydaR 08-04-2008 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat
litters can have multiple fathers

thats bizzare!! i never knew that!! :shock:

farmpony84 08-04-2008 04:22 PM

My vet told me i could have him done at 4 months but so many people argued about pros and cons I decided to wait a year... but now... he'll get done next friday and then i will be a responsible pet owner.... hmph!

buckaroo2010 08-04-2008 09:03 PM

They should re think about getting mad at you since they have 5 boys that are not fixed how do they know its not theres????? :evil:

TxHorseMom 08-05-2008 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salty_alydaR
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat
litters can have multiple fathers

thats bizzare!! i never knew that!! :shock:

Yep, because they release multiple eggs, if they are with more than one male then the eggs could be fertilized by more than one dad.

Actually, that can happen with any mammal that releases more than one egg at a time. (Yep! Humans too!)

Pinto Pony 08-05-2008 04:18 AM

Good for you for getting your dog fixed, we waited a year for our dog too but we have rather dog proof fences so could wait. If your neighbour has such a problem why didn't he dog proof his property and keep his bitch safe, otherwise he should have had her fixed! He sounds like a jerk!

DashAwayAll 08-05-2008 06:08 AM

The league standard for spaying and neutering is 6 months. Not all dogs and cats "read the book" on how to be a dog or cat, and may show signs of sexual maturity as early as four months.

Do you have the SNAP program where you live? (Spay Neuter All Pets) It's usually much cheaper and is done through your local vets.
Having a male dog fixed is quick and easy. With ... outdoor plumbing ... it's much easier.

And Cat is quite correct. ( as always. :) ) Multiple eggs...and if the gyp was a busy gal.... you can have many flavors arriving. They'll know in nine weeks.

farmpony84 08-05-2008 09:56 AM

they actually turn her loose when she's in heat. she's 2 and has had like 3 litters i think? maybe she's three, i think she's 2...

It's ok, my boy is on a leash until next friday and then he's fixed... He'll stop his wandering too i think, how long does that take? a couple months? to loose the desire to visit people?

My hound stays w/in calling distance. as i said, i have 80 acres, I shouldnt have to lock my dogs up! but I will... cus i love my neighbors... even though they are mean and cranky