The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Hobbies (http://www.horseforum.com/hobbies/)
-   -   hobbys and work (http://www.horseforum.com/hobbies/hobbys-work-127504/)

michaelvanessa 06-18-2012 04:33 AM

hobbys and work

my first hobbys are driveing and breaking horses to drive.
my second hobby is trains (rail road) i have lots of trains from the 1970s erea as that is when deisles and electrics had a lot of types running then .
i have also joined a car club as well and enjoy helping and maintaing frends horse trailers floors ramps ect.
my work is on the railroad maintaining the tracks from a town called broxbourne to cambridge hertford east stansted airport and down to royston.
we maintain the permanant way and renew it as well and look after nearley 200 miles of track and keep freight and passanger services running.
and on 24 hour on call to respond to problems as well.
like wise to my frends as well if thay have a problem to im there to help them.
many thanks for reading.
from michael london england.

Skyseternalangel 06-18-2012 04:46 AM

Trains are fascinating, especially the old ones that have a furnace and are powered by fossil fuels.

The new ones are cool too but all the warning signs I've noticed about the track being.. under electricity voltage is a little unnerving. We had a chap on the east coast where I was living at the time that jumped infront of a train and died instantly.. very sad.

I think driving a horse would be pretty fun. I've never done it, only ridden lol

michaelvanessa 06-18-2012 02:34 PM

trains

its ok we are under the wires here at 25000 volts ac and its safe its the new trains are very quiet indeed i must hold my hands up i nearley got hit butthat was my misstake the members in my gang thought i was dead and thay were green to the gills the train was travleing at 90 mph i just steped back and it passed me.
we have quite a few jumpers here and its sad but i think when people have no way out in life and its the last straw many thanks for your reply.
if you want a picture ill post it in the gallary of our gang many thanks.