The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   Beginner Novice HT (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/beginner-novice-ht-127512/)

Hedgie 06-18-2012 10:01 AM

Beginner Novice HT

9 Attachment(s)
Took Enzo BN at an unrecognized HT this weekend! It was both of our second event and both of our first time going BN. He was so good and I'm so proud of him!

In dressage, I personally could not have ask more of him. He was so good until the very last long side he got a fly in his ear and started shaking his head. But, hey, things happen, and it wasn't anything that could have been prevented. It was only his second time doing a dressage test. I'll post the video later if anyone wants to see!

For SJ, he was superb! A huge improvement from our last show - he stayed staight most of the time, never popped his shoulders out, waited for the jumps. The entire course rode really well!
Attachment 102820

Attachment 102821

Attachment 102822

Attachment 102823

XC was thrilling and so much fun! The course had a few little mini questions which made it so much fun. We had one stop at a coop (at the bottom of a big hill), because there were crows sitting on and around the jump (Enzo has a little bit of a bird problem). :oops: Anyway, he took the ditch, water, and "bank" well, as well as locking onto fences.
Attachment 102826

Attachment 102827

Attachment 102828

Attachment 102824

Attachment 102825

I'm so proud of him! I certainly could not have asked any more of him and I can't wait to take him to more events this summer! :D

AngieLee 06-18-2012 10:04 AM

sounds like you guys had a great time! I'm glad he went so well for you! :) love the pics

Hedgie 06-18-2012 10:07 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are the more comical "green horse" moments:
For this picture, it was "bank" but really more of a log going down a hill. Enzo likes to take "Superman" leaps off of banks. He took long to this, jumped insanely high, and landed way back here. It was really funny until 5 came up quite fast after that. All went well though.
Attachment 102830.
And here, just a miscommunication, but still a funny photo.
Attachment 102831

Sorry the XC pics are so blurry!