The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Rocking R Saddle Help (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/rocking-r-saddle-help-127544/)

Annanoel 06-18-2012 03:46 PM

Rocking R Saddle Help

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all! Still on the search for a new saddle, have gone through quite a few. Stumbled upon this Rocking R on my local craigslist for quite a good deal. They are asking $475. For all you who have Rocking R's do you like them, is it really a good deal? Would be using this as an all around saddle.

iridehorses 06-18-2012 03:50 PM

Over the years I've had several Rocking R saddles and have liked each one of them. $475, if the saddle is in good shape, fits your horse, and fits you, is a good price. I wouldn't hesitate to pay that price for that saddle - especially with a matching breast collar.

Annanoel 06-18-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iridehorses (Post 1554051)
Over the years I've had several Rocking R saddles and have liked each one of them. $475, if the saddle is in good shape, fits your horse, and fits you, is a good price. I wouldn't hesitate to pay that price for that saddle - especially with a matching breast collar.

Thank you! I've been scouring the internet all morning, and so far haven't come across too many bad reveiws if any on some sites. It does come with the collar and the rear cinch so I figured that was a plus! I'm going to ask if I can take it on trial and see how I like first. Usually people get weary with this, but I feel it's the best way to see. If not on trial, obviously just trying it then to see if it fits.

iridehorses 06-18-2012 04:46 PM

Good luck with it. BTW, the rear cinch should be included but the breast collar is an expensive give away.

Casey02 06-18-2012 07:09 PM

It looks like a nice saddle and i have heard decent thing about them. I dont think $475 is a bad asking price at all

DrillRider 06-23-2012 09:27 AM

Looks good! I bought a rocking r saddle yesterday. :) I payed $450 but it didn't have a back cinch or breastcollar. This seems like a really good deal and I needed the saddle I got for trick riding (its a cutting saddle). So I had to make sure this brand has really sturdy trees, and they do. Even though I rode in mine once I think its going to be a great saddle and fits my horse and the horse I'm shareboarding PERFECT even though they are built really different.