The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   How many pairs of "shoes" do you REALLY own? (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/how-many-pairs-shoes-do-you-127631/)

tinyliny 06-19-2012 02:06 AM

How many pairs of "shoes" do you REALLY own?

Another thread on bits , and bit "collecting" got me thinking about shoes, and how many pairs the "average" American , Canadian , Aussie or Brit (and others, I just don't have all day to list you all) has in their closet. This is mostly aimed at women, but you men can chime in.

Just think about it! Remember (you older folks) how the media made a big deal about Imelda Marcos and her thousands of pairs of shoe? Or those pictures of people who have like rotating closets to show each pair of shoe?
I say to myself, "oh, I dont' have anywhere near that many shoes! I am a simple person when it comes to clothes; just what I really need. "

Yeah , right! including sandals, flip flops, snow boots, slippers, paddock, show or cowboy boots, dress shoes, high heels, running shoes, water socks, I must have 25 pairs of shoes. and that's just ones I actually wear. There are more that are too old and worn out, but i haven't thrown them away.

YOU?

ellygraceee 06-19-2012 02:10 AM

I have approximately 30 pairs of shoes, even though I only really wear three shoes continuously.

RunSlideStop 06-19-2012 02:14 AM

Converse, Adidas running shoes, flats, boots and Ropers. 5 pairs! I have more at my parents house but I haven't worn them in who knows how long so they don't count :)

Wallaby 06-19-2012 02:24 AM

:shock:
I never thought about it before but geez, I have a plethora of shoes - 2 pairs of Converse, 3 pairs of Chucks, 1 pair of TOMs, 1 pair of running shoes, 3 pairs of horsey shoes/boots, 1 pair of rainboots...and I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting that I don't wear often.

I kinda feel like such a pig! haha

gaelgirl 06-19-2012 02:29 AM

I have two pairs of tennis shoes, a pair of flip flops, three pairs of dress shoes, one pair of slippers, and two pairs of boots.

Breella 06-19-2012 02:31 AM

I have about five. I can't afford any more.

tinyliny 06-19-2012 02:32 AM

Yeah, well, they do kind of accumulate with age. many of my shoes are at least 6 or 7 years old, or older, actually. When I'm an old lady I;ll need someone to dig me out of them

and, strangely, I mostly wear my black Danskos and my cowboy boots or paddock boots. I could manage with maybe five pairs.

Skyseternalangel 06-19-2012 03:13 AM

I have 2 pairs of knit boots, 5 pairs of dress heels (not work appropriate) one pair of trainers, one pair of paddock boots, and 2 pairs of flip flops.

Not really anything too useful for the current weather except the knit boots and trainers but will get some more soon.

DrumRunner 06-19-2012 03:47 AM

Uh oh..Not a good topic.. I have a problem..A shoe and handbag problem.. I lost count of shoes a long time ago.. I'll try to remember..

I have four pair of riding boots/work boots, two pair of water boots, two pair of insulated/water proof hunting boots, MANY pair of flip flops/sandals..Probably 26ish pair of heels, Maybe 5 pair of dressy heeled boots, I have 3 racks of heels in my closet then many in their shoe boxes under my bed..I have a pair of dressy snake skin boots that were my mom's.. Um.. A pair of Sperries.. A couple pair of flats..Two pair of tennis shoes... I have a serious problem These are just the ones I remember off the top of my head.. Same with purses and bags but I won't get into that..

ETA - Ohh I forgot knit boots or scrunch boots until I read Sky's post again..and Uggs.. Jeez..This is getting bad.

cakemom 06-19-2012 05:31 AM

You don't even wanna know.
I have my tennis, and my riding boots then crocs for slipping off and on running in and out of the house (sounds good so far). Then three pairs of dress boots and say 100 pair of REALLY great heals!!!
Posted via Mobile Device