The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Dream interpretations (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/dream-interpretations-12776/)

Solon 08-05-2008 12:01 AM

Dream interpretations

Thought I'd start a new thread for anyone interested and give some basic information.

I have been studying dreams for over 20 years and love working with them and helping other people understand theirs. The most important thing to know about a dream is that no one can truly interpret them except the person having them.

I can help determine what some of the symbols mean and use some intution based on the description of the dream but then it's up to the person to fit the pieces of the puzzle together.

Some symbols mean different things to different people. The key is, pick the symbols in your dreams and find out what they specific mean to you.

If you'd rather PM a dream and not share it on the thread, that is okay too. All your info will be kept confidential.

I'll respond to each one, but give me time if they start piling up!

geewillikers 08-05-2008 12:34 AM

I had a dream that Willy was in my bedroom in the dark. I woke up in the dream and saw his front legs come up on the bed, and in real life, actually felt the pressure of his hooves on my mattress!

Another time, Stu, Willy's barn mate was in my living room with his muddy, nasty Rambo Wug Heavyweight blanket on. He was filthy and getting my house disgusting.

Another one: This girl from high school who died of a heroin overdose is frequently in my dreams. We were pretty good friends at one point. Sometimes she talks in the dreams, other times she says nothing. I also have had dreams with my grandmother, or grandfather in them who have passed away. Is there any meaning when people who have died return to you in dreams?

Dumas'_Grrrl 08-05-2008 12:46 PM

Solon, I just wanted to pop a note to you and say thanks! You were spot on.

I have been evaluating my attitude with my hubby lately and have decided that I can be a bit harsh with him. :oops: He is my Best Friend and so he gets the good, bad and ugly and I have been trying to be better and not take my stresses out on him. There have been days where I don't know why he puts up with me...I supose this falls under the "I don't feel worthy" catagory.

He has been talking about his job a lot, it is very demanding and there have been changes at his work place that he is not happy about.

I have been concidering going back to work as well.

I have also been urging my hubby to spend more time with his friends, perhaps deep down, wanting him to have more "breathing room" , makes me insecure.

Really, everything that you outlined made perfect sence. Thank you again!!!

Vidaloco 08-05-2008 01:01 PM

I want to thank you also Solon. I never really doubted what that dream was about. Thank you for confirming it. I'm not a religious person, never have been. That dream gave me the "faith" I have now. Its helped me on several occasions when dealing with loved ones on their death beds. I know what is waiting for them and have no fear or sorrow for them. I know its an odd thing to say. I don't wish for death but I don't fear it either. I try to enjoy the life I have been given and look forward to returning to that place.

GeminiJumper 08-05-2008 01:42 PM

I don't have a dream for you to interpret yet, but I was wondering if you could tell me a bit about dreams if you have any extra time. I've noticed that when I look back on some of my dreams, I can pull stuff from them that I noticed happened the day before my dream happened. You know what I mean? Anyways, and cool information about dreams would be really interesting to read!!

And thanks for interpreting my dream in the other post you have up!!

Salty_alydaR 08-05-2008 04:15 PM

i remember my dream last night!

i was back in jr. high with my old classmates, and we were just fininshing up P.E. then school was out and me and a couple of friends went to daycare. and this lady was walking around the playground with a Clydesdale colt! :shock: i went up and started talking to her and saying that i have a tb named charmer and she said that she had to take her colt back to the barn. but the colt didnt want to got with her, he wanted to stay with me! but he eventually went with his owner..

the end!

Solon 08-05-2008 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geewillikers
I had a dream that Willy was in my bedroom in the dark. I woke up in the dream and saw his front legs come up on the bed, and in real life, actually felt the pressure of his hooves on my mattress!

Another time, Stu, Willy's barn mate was in my living room with his muddy, nasty Rambo Wug Heavyweight blanket on. He was filthy and getting my house disgusting.

Another one: This girl from high school who died of a heroin overdose is frequently in my dreams. We were pretty good friends at one point. Sometimes she talks in the dreams, other times she says nothing. I also have had dreams with my grandmother, or grandfather in them who have passed away. Is there any meaning when people who have died return to you in dreams?

The first two there really isn't enough information to get a feel for a reading.

The third one happens to a lot of people actually. What does she tell you in your dreams (think to yourself) - is she giving you messages, helping you along? Maybe to learn from her mistakes? She might be there to sort of guide you. If you notice she's there during rough periods of your life, definitely pay attention.

I really believe friends and loved ones can wander into our dreams to give us advice and insight. And sometimes, they show up, just to be of comfort when we are going through difficult times. It's always important to pay attention to what they are saying, especially if the same people keep popping up in your dream.

Solon 08-05-2008 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeminiJumper
I don't have a dream for you to interpret yet, but I was wondering if you could tell me a bit about dreams if you have any extra time. I've noticed that when I look back on some of my dreams, I can pull stuff from them that I noticed happened the day before my dream happened. You know what I mean? Anyways, and cool information about dreams would be really interesting to read!!

And thanks for interpreting my dream in the other post you have up!!

Ask away! I'd be more than happy to help with any questions you might have.

When you say you dream of stuff the day before the dream happened, do you mean stuff that happens the day after you had the dream?

GeminiJumper 08-05-2008 11:07 PM

I mean that say the day goes by and then night comes when you sleep and dream. THAT day and the things that might of happened during that day is stuff that I dream about and then after the dream is done, I can recognize why I might of dreamed about that subject. Its really weird but neat at the same time that I can recognize why I might of dreamed about it!!

Obviously, dreams can mean something but do different things that happen in dreams mean something? Lol, that sounds kind of dumb because why else would you interpret dreams!!

Does it mean anything whether you dream in black and white or in color? Some dreams I remember are in color and others are colorless. Is there any reason for that?

Solon 08-06-2008 03:42 AM

Sometimes you will dream what happened during the day in order to try something different. Say something happened with a friend and it didn't go the way you wanted it to go, and that night you dream about it and in the dream you are able to say what you really wanted too.

Dreams are the brains way of working out things that we might not want to do in waking life. It's a way to experiment, blow off steam, create new worlds.. basically - just let loose!

Not all dreams have meaning. Some dreams are just your mind winding down from the day and can be very very bizarre. Dreams that have the same theme, those are the ones you really want to pay attention too - it's your subconscious trying to tell you that there are things that need worked on!

Some dreams are just about eating spicy food before you go to bed or not having enough sleep or being too warm when you sleep - those things can cause some CRAZY dreams.

Colors can be associated with how your emotions are. Vibrant bright colors can express cheerful, happy state and black and white can express a more somber feeling.

So pay attention when you dream in black and white and if it relates to times when you are feeling down.

Great questions!