The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

just curious...

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  AnalisaParalyzer 
#1 ·
I'm not trying all that hard to sell my annie, but because I am moving she is up on the market to the right home. My question is, what would you pay in your area for a horse like this?

Annie is 16.2h, 1300 lbs, 5 yrs old and full of personality. She is a chestnut roan tb type paint, carries frame overo and the blue eyed gene. She was finished as a hunter as a four year old, and currently jumps 2.6 comfortably. We've done up to four, but I don't push her. Has a soft mouth, and collects nicely, has a small issue with crossfiring after fences, flat lead changes wonderfully.
She's been used for jousting, hunting boar and gator (you can shoot off her) she goes through running water, through heavy traffic (we've crossed eight lane roads at rush hour, and she'll even wait at crosswalks), through woods beach, field, she's a trail enthusiast. she goes barefoot in the "natural" style, no cracks, infection, accessing, etc. No buck, bite, or rear. no colic, eats anything (currently on thirty five lbs t/a or coastal or mixed, and 8 lbs of 10% pellets) loads, ties, leads wonderfully. She will try to get away with things, as per her age, but will come back to you after mild reminding of who's in charge. She can have an attitude but she's a diva and expects everything to revolve around her. Has been shown locally and brought home ribbons every time, in halter, hunters and jumpers. Has been doing endurance type trail for the last four months. She's currently up for 3500. I was told she was registered under APHA "turn the page", but I never bothered to look into it. (I'm pretty sure they were lying anyway).
I'm going to try to get some pics up when I update this. What do you think of her so far?

See less See more
#2 ·
With her registration a mystery, I'd say $3500 is a fair price.

In my area, I would try to go for $2500 and if she were registered, around $3500-$4500.

She sounds like a wonderful girl and I wish you luck in finding the right home for her. :)

#6 ·
Just make sure you don't put the "pretty sure they were lying" bit in there xD lol

She sounds lovely. Low end of the scale I'd pay around $3000. Not sure about high end.

Sky's prev. owner tried to sell him for 8 grand.. lol yeah not happening!

#9 ·
Thanks :) my mother says I'm being picky in the people that have wanted to buy her, but so far I've had someone call her an "it", and someone ask me about her as a broodmare. She's more likely to kill a foal, and she's maiden. And I've put far to much into training and bombproofing to let it go to waste.
Posted via Mobile Device

#10 ·
I don't think your being picky. It's great that you're being selective for prospective buyers.

Btw, I love that last picture of her. Her face is priceless and it shows a bit of her personality.

#11 ·
He's gonna cry like a baby when she goes, even if he swears he won't. They share the hose, he used to sit on her while she grazed and study for his ASEs, he dips mint skoll cause she's a nut for peppermint and she gives him kisses when he dips it :) she follows him like a puppy, and if he's there, I'm just mommy. It was his idea to put that pic up :) he's never ridden her, they just hang out and do halter horse stuff. She's a sweety once she decides she likes you.
Posted via Mobile Device

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.