The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Jumping (http://www.horseforum.com/jumping/)
-   -   problems with 2 point, cant lift up my butt lol!! (http://www.horseforum.com/jumping/problems-2-point-cant-lift-up-12783/)

HorsesAreForever 08-05-2008 08:57 AM

problems with 2 point, cant lift up my butt lol!!

When im jumping chance about 2ft trot or cantering the jump I can't quite get into 2 point.. well I cant really get my butt out of the saddle enough, I basicly end up just leaning forward, which isnt comfortable.

I practice 2 point at walk and trot and i can do it but its just when were about to take of i start to lean forward as we approch the jump and try and get into 2 point about 2 strides before but I cant seem to get it!

any advice??

upnover 08-05-2008 09:47 PM

are you certain your stirrups are the correct length? (when your legs hang they should hit right at your ankle bones)

is your hip aligned with your heel? There should be a vertical line from your hip bones straight down to your heel. If you ride with your feet out in front of you it'll be hard to get out of the saddle.

HorsesAreForever 08-05-2008 10:21 PM

well from what im told from my training my position is good

hmm but you did make me think .. maybe before we take of maybe i swing my legs to forward with out noticeing. hmm I noticed if I go half way into 2 point 3 strides before i can get into somewhat of a good jumping position.

wow maybe my stirups are to short wow lol at ur ankle bone?! ill have to check that. legs stright or just kinda hanging..

Kaitlan 08-22-2008 03:50 PM

hmmmm it sounds like you might be getting a little excited and losing your balance. if so, do 2 point over some trot poles or canter poles and when you get comfy with that put a crossrail at the end of the poles. maybe that will help
:D

HorsesAreForever 08-22-2008 09:02 PM

hey thanks! ill deff try that!

sempre_cantando 08-23-2008 08:42 AM

its difficult to know exactly whats going on just from your verbal description. If it continues to be a problem, perhaps you could post some pics and/or videos of yourself?

juniormylove 08-28-2008 07:52 PM

Definitely check your stirrup length. take your feet out and just let them hang...a good starting spot is at or slightly above your ankle...mine's longer/shorter then that, depending on how my ankle feels.

It could be that you're standing on your toes and losing your balance. Really sink your weight into your heels, and let your horse thrust you into your 2-point.