The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Dressage (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/)
-   -   superb ride today :D (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/superb-ride-today-d-127890/)

blue eyed pony 06-21-2012 07:53 AM

superb ride today :D

My boy has been a pest about working nicely on the flat since I've had him. He is a lovely horse but likes to go around in a false frame, not working through from behind.

Today he started off like that, and VERY sluggish off my leg, as he always does after a break. But once I worked him through the "no, I won't" he gave me some beautiful work, lovely transitions and nice consistent working trot - and then I let him have a little more rein and pushed him to lengthen his trot.

WOW.

He was working into my hands and felt beautifully uphill and through from behind, long and low and so powerful. The only thing I can think of that's changed is TWO dressage lessons with a high-level rider/judge. If two lessons can make that much of a difference, and not even on my horse, I can't begin to imagine what we'll be like with regular dressage lessons. Right now I'm regretting not bundling said coach up and sticking her in my suitcase to bring home!

Skyseternalangel 06-21-2012 07:55 AM

That's wonderful news!! You're making me awfully jealous though :P :P

May you have more of those rides!!

blue eyed pony 06-21-2012 07:57 AM

bahaha fly over to Aus and you can ride my boy??

I just need a dressage coach and there will be plenty more of "those" awesome rides to come I'm sure!

Kayty 06-21-2012 11:31 PM

And that is why we all say 'GET A TRAINER' to training questions :P
because just 40 minutes with an experienced pair of eyes on the ground can make an emormous difference to how you ride.

blue eyed pony 06-21-2012 11:41 PM

It does. I was amazed actually. My boy has had a month off and he's normally a real pest to ride the first few rides back after a break, rushy and strung out. But this was completely the opposite, his trot was SO adjustable. But I could barely walk getting off :P that's a good thing of course!