The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Please critique Harley :D (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/please-critique-harley-d-127943/)

Horseychick94 06-21-2012 04:49 PM

Please critique Harley :D

6 Attachment(s)
My 15.3hh 6yo dunalino grade QH gelding, Harley. Does he have a large wither or is he swaybacked?

CLaPorte432 06-21-2012 05:20 PM

Well, first off...hes not dunalino. Hes a flaxen red dun.

Hes not sway backed, but he has practically no muscling along his topline. He also has high withers which doesnt help. You can build up his topline with proper riding, nutrition and exercises.

He has a long back too. A very steep croup that needs muscle, he has a steep shoulder. Hes a little butt high. I do think he has nice legs from what i can see. Hes not standing square in the photos so its difficult to tell for sure.

He has a cute face. A nice lengthy neck. And has a lovely coloring. Looks very sweet.

I think he could use alot of muscle building and toning to him though. But if hes being ridden/worked, that should come in time.
Posted via Mobile Device

lilruffian 06-21-2012 06:25 PM

Actually, in many of the photographs he appears bum-high, not high in the wither.
I like his shoulder. He needs lots of muscling, especially in the neck and topline which might make him appear swayed.
Back is a tad long
Really nothing seriously off about his front legs
Sickle-hocked in the back legs and with some work his hindquarters could round out decently

waresbear 06-21-2012 06:30 PM

Your horse isn't sway backed, he has a long back & a bit high at the rear, but not swayed. He is a decent looking horse, he will look even better with fitness & muscle tone.

Horseychick94 06-22-2012 12:15 PM

The top two photos are from the other day by the way. most recent

EnglishElegance 06-25-2012 02:30 AM

He's standing a tad bit downhill. He's just got a big withers, he's not sway backed. He just needs some more muscle on him. He's got a steep croup, but that shouldn't effect his performance. Nothing serious. He sure is cute! :D

Horseychick94 06-25-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnglishElegance (Post 1564680)
He's standing a tad bit downhill. He's just got a big withers, he's not sway backed. He just needs some more muscle on him. He's got a steep croup, but that shouldn't effect his performance. Nothing serious. He sure is cute! :D

Thanks! He has such great dressage/reining potential! Definitely not gamey enough for barrels. Could possibly be a jumper with work!