The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack Reviews (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/)
-   -   Crossover bitless bridle - Dr. Cook or Nurtural? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/crossover-bitless-bridle-dr-cook-nurtural-127961/)

Djinnjer 06-21-2012 08:02 PM

Crossover bitless bridle - Dr. Cook or Nurtural?

I'm getting ready to start training my 4 yr old mare to saddle and bridle and after reading up and knowing she is very sensitive with her mouth, I've decided to go with a crossover bitless bridle. Does anyone have any experience with either the Dr. Cook or Nurtural bitless bridles and any pros/cons to them...any preferences for either brand and why?

gothicangel69 06-22-2012 10:14 AM

I just got a leather Natural crossover bitless. I love it to death! I had been riding my boy in a nylon halter, and wanted something that looked nice, and offered a bit more control if needed. It took a few days for him to get used to it, and I had to get him used to the different feel of pressure than what you get from a halter, but its working great now. He is so much more responsive.
Sorry, don't know anything about Dr. Cooks.
Posted via Mobile Device

Elizabeth Bowers 06-22-2012 12:28 PM

I got a Dr. Cooks crossunder bb for christmas to start my 4yo mare. She did great with it. It takes her a little to get used to it, but after a few adjustments she's happy and goes along well. I love it. She still prefers a rope halter believe it or not, maybe too much pressure around her head. It definitely takes some getting used to. :)

Djinnjer 06-23-2012 12:48 PM

Thanks both for the feedback! Guess I'll flip a coin and give one a shot. lol I may just try the rope halter or maybe a side pull as well. She's very responsive and gives to gentle pressure, so she might also find the whole head pressure a little much.

BlueSpark 06-24-2012 08:37 PM

If she's already very sensitive, you might be better off going with a side pull, which is gentler and less confusing.

ozarkmama 06-25-2012 12:39 PM

I have the freedom bridle from Moss Rock Endurance and I really like it. We started with the combo configuration.

Freedom Bridle - Moss Rock Endurance - Your Source for Custom Biothane Competitive Tack

joseeandjade11 10-17-2012 04:12 PM

Definitely Nurtural Bitless Bridle :) They are good quality and I really love mine, would not change it for anything else.

flyinghighleo 10-17-2012 04:26 PM

I like to work on the ground with abit, when teaching them walking, trotting and the whoa, but when it comes to saddle work i move to a sidepull . Its really good for teaches a western horse to neck rein as well..