The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   What Would You Pay? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/what-would-you-pay-127965/)

MyLittlePonies 06-21-2012 08:32 PM

What Would You Pay?

I'm curious but what kind of stud fee would people set a world and congress champion in western pleasure and HUS, but trained in many other events? Plus the stallion producing color as well and excellent show records? By color I mean paint. Any thoughts? Stallion is a loud overo.
Posted via Mobile Device

Nokotaheaven 06-21-2012 08:47 PM

Over $1,000. There's a world champion reining stallion i know of that has a stud fee of $15,000. Personally if i had the money id pay the 15,000 once. other than that id look for a good offspring of that stud to breed to because itd be a lesser price

nrhareiner 06-21-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nokotaheaven (Post 1559814)
Over $1,000. There's a world champion reining stallion i know of that has a stud fee of $15,000. Personally if i had the money id pay the 15,000 once. other than that id look for a good offspring of that stud to breed to because itd be a lesser price

You can not compair a WP/HUS stallion stud fee to a Reining or cutting stallion stud fees.

There are so many things to look at. Loud overo is he double reg or just APHA? What is his pedigree? So many things to take into consideration.

MyLittlePonies 06-21-2012 09:41 PM

Bonanza lines and is only paint. I haven't really looked.
Posted via Mobile Device

Nokotaheaven 06-29-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrhareiner (Post 1559868)
You can not compair a WP/HUS stallion stud fee to a Reining or cutting stallion stud fees.

There are so many things to look at. Loud overo is he double reg or just APHA? What is his pedigree? So many things to take into consideration.

I agree with you. And I was just giving an example. Yes there are many things to look at. But overall if it's a good stud i would pay over $1,000

WSArabians 06-29-2012 06:10 PM

I think $1500-$3000 seems pretty average for a champion stallion.
You start setting fees at $15,000 you limit your stallions marketability. But, maybe that's the point.
I don't think colour should have anything to do with setting a stallion fee.

But, it's like pricing a horse. You can put whatever price tag you want on it, and it's worth whatever anyone wants to pay. I have my HC stallion set at $1500, but his sire's fee is $5000 (plus importation from Poland, vet, etc).
That's the nice thing about selection! So long as you can find good selection.

Nokotaheaven 07-05-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WSArabians (Post 1573088)
I think $1500-$3000 seems pretty average for a champion stallion.
You start setting fees at $15,000 you limit your stallions marketability. But, maybe that's the point.
I don't think colour should have anything to do with setting a stallion fee.

But, it's like pricing a horse. You can put whatever price tag you want on it, and it's worth whatever anyone wants to pay. I have my HC stallion set at $1500, but his sire's fee is $5000 (plus importation from Poland, vet, etc).
That's the nice thing about selection! So long as you can find good selection.

I agree with you. I had a QH gelding that was worth about $20,000.. But if you google his sire, the stud fee was only about $500, and he was out of top champion lines.