The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Blond Riding/Horse Moments (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/blond-riding-horse-moments-128110/)

Nevreme 06-22-2012 10:31 PM

Blond Riding/Horse Moments

Well, at my riding lesson today I had SUCH a blond moment (and I can say that because at the moment I'm technically a blond).

I have a saddle on trial that I was riding in, so I got all tacked up; mattes pad, thinline, square pad, girth, martingale, bridle, fly mask, nose sock (my horse is speshul), front boots, polos. I mean, I remembered eveything. Or so I thought...

I get halfway out of the barn and my friend says to me; "So, are you riding without stirrups today?" I was like, "No, why?" And she goes "You might want to look at your saddle then."

Of course, being a test ride saddle, it didn't come with stirrups. And I forgot to borrow some from my instructor. So my wonderful friend let me borrow hers (she wasn't riding with me). My favorite part of the whole thing was her little comment at the end. "I've never let someone borrow my stirrups before."

I'm sure I'm not the only one whose done something really silly like that. And don't just say you forgot your helmet, because everyone has done that at least once! Unless you don't wear a helmet anyway, haha ;)

MysterySparrow 06-22-2012 10:38 PM

I have gotten all tacked up, get to the arena and lounge and get ready to get on only to find that I left my bridle in the tack room. The best one though has to be having only one wrap or halfchap on. Done that too.

Skyseternalangel 06-22-2012 10:49 PM

LOL that's amazing :P I've done something similar. Took my stirrups off to measure them/compare with someone else's and forgot to put them back on. I was SO confused when I went to pull the stirrups down to mount up haha!

I'm a natural born blonde.. too.. right now my hair is dyed purple red lol.

I've gone without putting the saddle pad on too.. such a goof. And forgetting my helmet.. forgot the bridle, and another time I took the reins off and couldn't find them. Just... silly silly silly.

MysterySparrow 06-22-2012 11:04 PM

I like to say I have blonde brain cells and my hair turns brunette when it hits the oxygen. ;)

Nevreme 06-23-2012 12:34 AM

Forgetting the saddle pad is pretty impressive, haha.

My friend was in such a hurry once that she forgot to change into her riding pants and started out of the barn in her muck boots and shorts. I had to hold her pony for her so she could change xD