The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   My horse is getting abused! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/my-horse-getting-abused-128134/)

chevy 06-23-2012 02:02 AM

My horse is getting abused!

I'm pretty sure the folks where i board my horse at is using a Whip on him! Can Somebody please tell me what they look like?!? I'm getting him out of thier asap! and i'll send photos of the marks on him if you gotta see them. He is highly afraid of the lady "Owner of the place" that comes next to him he'll run away and then comes right up beind me and will hide. Help?!? HELP?!?!

Skyseternalangel 06-23-2012 02:03 AM

Whips aren't abusive, but if they are just smacking him for no reason at all, then yeah he may be getting mistreated.

Spirit Lifter 06-23-2012 02:09 AM

How do you know this is going on?

Lins 06-23-2012 02:10 AM

Calm down and take a breath. Why are you assuming that he is being abused? Did you ask the BO about the marks?
Posted via Mobile Device

chevy 06-23-2012 02:28 AM

He marks all around his body, It's not from nothing in the pen i've checked. She keeps telling me to use a Whip on him cause he's not Broke she's afriad he'll do something. I've told her in the past i do not believe in "Whips" I went to go feed him today, He had four more cuts and was bleeding. The lady went to grab his halter and he pulled back and ran away, I called him back over cause i had to clean the cuts out so he came and was acting fine~ Lady came back out she had the Whip in hand and said use this, Cowboy started to Rear and ran away again. Every time She would come out and i'm out in the pasture with him he'll hide right behind me. He has them on his face, Back, Legs, Everywhere! He is an Unbroke one year old but he's fine with me! I could do anything with him and he'll allow it, at first he didn't want nothing to do with humans.

Dreamcatcher Arabians 06-23-2012 02:31 AM

The marks and cuts would concern me. I don't know if how he acts around the BO would be indicative of anything or not. I have 3 foals here who are almost 6 months old, I bred their mothers, bred them and have handled them since they were born. They STILL sometimes act like they think I'm there to eat them and try to run away and/or hide behind things and I can tell you for SURE they have never once been hit. So.........the jury is out still on that part of the 'abuse' story. If he's got clean line cuts all over, I'd be looking for something sharp, not a whip.

Skyseternalangel 06-23-2012 02:33 AM

If you are concerned, move him. There are other barns that you can board him at.

Horses as a general rule are FLIGHT animals. If you do something or they don't know you, they will avoid you and run away from you. Anything new, they're going to shy away from.

Horses are also very accident prone as well.

But again if he's being mistreated then move him away from there.

chevy 06-23-2012 02:34 AM

Nothing in the yard i board him at is sharp... he use to actualy like the lady i board him with but now he's afraid thats the part i dont get.

Delfina 06-23-2012 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevy (Post 1561795)
Can Somebody please tell me what they look like?!?

A whip or the people supposedly beating him?

If you are removing him ASAP what exactly do you need help with? If you honestly think they are abusing him, you put him on a trailer and take him elsewhere.

chevy 06-23-2012 02:37 AM

I have no idea, Cowboy use to like this lady i board him with, Now he is afraid? That's weird if you ask me, I'm moving him soon but all of the boarding areas i've been speakin to don't have room.