The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Horsey Bucket Lists for the Summer (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/horsey-bucket-lists-summer-128225/)

Hedgie 06-23-2012 10:06 PM

Horsey Bucket Lists for the Summer

2 Attachment(s)
So I've been thinking of trying to come up with a "bucket list" for this summer. I've got a list started but I would love to hear some ideas (possibly things you're looking to do this summer or things that you've done in the past that worked really well!).

And just to make things a little less complicated:
I'm an English rider who is starting eventing with my OTTB gelding. And I'm quite excited because he has finally built up enough back muscles to be ridden bareback (so that opens the possibilities!). I'm open to ideas for really any discipline, even those I have never tried before, but granted they may not be so... um graceful or skillful haha...

Also, I would love to hear your bucket lists as well as see pictures of you doing these things this summer!

And to start things off: First weekend of summer and I can already check one thing off the list. Our first BN HT under our belt!
Attachment 103610

Attachment 103611

SlideStop 06-23-2012 11:01 PM

To get the TWH I'm working with to quit jumping out of her skin every time something catches her off guard!! Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Jore 06-23-2012 11:02 PM

First off, your horse is absolutely incredible looking.

Secondly, my goal is simply to convince my dad tp let me get a horse (.. and pay for it although the following expenses will mostly be paid by me). I also want to do well with my leased gelding this show season. :)

Posted via Mobile Device

Hunter65 06-23-2012 11:09 PM

wow you have really really really long legs lol. Hmm bucket list... well lots of trail rides and to get the canter down pat I would say. He is only 4 so we have a ways to go yet before we try anything different.

Hedgie 06-24-2012 07:27 AM

Good goals guys! Keep 'em coming!

SlideStop: Good luck with that! Sounds like the horse I used to lease

Jore: Thank you! And I know the pain of trying to convince parents. Good luck!!

Hunter65: Yes, haha I do have long legs. Those are really good goals! I wish we had nice trails around here...

Breella 06-24-2012 07:38 AM

My summer bucket list: go get my mare in good enough condition to ride her before the first day of fall.

Also to get her filly to pony up with us.

OutOfTheLoop 06-24-2012 11:54 AM

My summer list includes margaritas by the pool... oh wait, wrong thread. Really though, I want to get my old gelding un barn sour, and get the 2 yr old out of the hackamore and into a bit. Small goals, but ones that will take time.
Posted via Mobile Device

paintluver 06-24-2012 02:08 PM

My bucket list for horses is:
Get Romeo to pick up his right lead EVERY time right away
And
Do well at shows

la volpe 06-24-2012 03:05 PM

-Purchase a horse [obviously my number one right now, haha.]
-Work on my western riding [I'm mainly english and I never ever get the chance to ride western!]
-Practice some confidence building exercises
-Attend another gymkhana [with the hopes of competing in it next year]

Snizard93 06-24-2012 03:45 PM

Well, I don't have my own horse yet. I am taking my B.H.S exams (I want to be a riding instructor).

But, I have always dreamed of being able to ride my horse bridleless, bareback on the beach :lol: ... I can dream.