The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Show Clothing (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/)
-   -   Brown Tall boots (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/brown-tall-boots-128474/)

MidsummerFable 06-25-2012 09:26 PM

Brown Tall boots

Does anyone know of any plain brown tall boots?
The only ones i've come across are low quality leather and feel like the zipper will snap apart.

MelissaAnn 06-28-2012 12:40 PM

http://www.smartpakequine.com/cordob...x?cm_vc=Search

I have these boots from smartpak, they are SO COMFY. They have a tassle but are plain looking other than that. You can probably take the tassle off. Hope this helps!

SilverSpur 06-28-2012 08:35 PM

i looked for ages, and couldnt find anything nice. ended up just going boots and gaiters :(

Nitefeatherz 06-29-2012 01:54 AM

This website seems to have several:
Horse Riding Tall Boots, Field Boots, Dressage Boots, Jockey Boots, Polo Boots, Horse Riding boots, Hunter Boots, Long Boots

Ariat® Salen Boot | Dover Saddlery

Are you concerned about price? What are you going to be using them for? Is it a specific discipline or are you going to be schooling in them??

Scoutrider 06-29-2012 02:24 PM

@Nitefeatherz -- I LOVE the style of some of those boots in the first link!! I've never seen tall field boots with buckles/straps up the outside of the calf like that!! Ah, if only I wasn't poor! Lol :lol:

Nitefeatherz 06-29-2012 02:30 PM

I had to decide whether I was going to save up for tall boots I REALLY liked or just go ahead and buy cheapies. I went ahead and saved- got really nice tall boots- and they were lovely even when they were being broken in...

whereas all the girls on my college team who bought "cheapies" wound up bleeding and limping and hating their tall boots....taught me a lesson. I'd rather save and go for quality!

Have you looked into maybe buying some used???

Scoutrider 06-30-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitefeatherz (Post 1572814)
I had to decide whether I was going to save up for tall boots I REALLY liked or just go ahead and buy cheapies. I went ahead and saved- got really nice tall boots- and they were lovely even when they were being broken in...

whereas all the girls on my college team who bought "cheapies" wound up bleeding and limping and hating their tall boots....taught me a lesson. I'd rather save and go for quality!

Have you looked into maybe buying some used???

I've already got a set of fairly nice tall boots (plain black field boots for showing) and usually ride in paddock boots and half-chaps. Buying another pair of tall boots, that I couldn't show in because they're brown, just because I'm in love with the color and style falls squarely into the "unneccessary expense" column of my budget, lol. I'll definitely be keeping my eyes peeled for a quality used pair... If I can find some within my budget, I may just have to be a real girl and buy a pair of shoes I really don't need, haha :lol:

CrossCountryStar 08-12-2012 07:38 PM

I reall want some brown tall boots! I love how they look. I have found that the brand Gucci has many brown leather tall boots, but only if you are willing to spend $1,200+ on them.

Schulzs89 08-17-2012 12:25 AM

Ralph Lauren used to make some nice ones, I got them for $150 on sale, but I can't find them on my phone.

Women's Ralph Lauren Collection Sahara Riding Boots - Saddle... Is what they are called.

Schulzs89 08-17-2012 12:27 AM

Ralph Lauren Collection Sahara Riding Boots in Brown (SADDLE) | Lyst

What they look like