The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Favorites - lyrics, quotes, poems, and such.. (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/favorites-lyrics-quotes-poems-such-128669/)

DrumRunner 06-27-2012 03:17 AM

Favorites - lyrics, quotes, poems, and such..

My Facebook news feed is covered with all sorts of different song lyrics that mean things to people, or speak abut some part of life that person is going through. I actually find it's a nice way to get a feelings out there without having to try to word it yourself.. It's also a great way to find new songs..Also poem lyrics or quotes that have "spoken" to you at some point in your life and that stick with you.. A friend from Romania had posted a translation of a poem that I absolutely loved and really jumped out at me.. If you would like to, share those lyrics, quotes, poems or any verse that has stuck with you and really spoken to you.. I may sound strange saying this? I had it worded much better in my mind, as usual!

Here are a few of my person favorites..

I absolutely LOVE anything from The Civil Wars..I was going to post a few of my favorite songs, lyrics of theirs but I can't decide which to use..Look that duo up, you won't regret it..

You can be hurt by love, or healed by the same, timing is everything. It can happen so fast, or a little bit late, timing is everything.

Happiness is a Journey, not a Destination

Love is not ever having to say you're sorry

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life, you will have been all of these.
-George Washington Carver

Three grand essentials in this life, something to do, something to life, and something to hope for.
-Unknown

Love is a condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.
- Robert Heinlein

True love stories never have endings.
- Richard Bach

Love is being stupid together.
- Paul Valery

The most successful people are those who are good at plan B.
- James Yorke

Pretty little thing, sometimes you gotta look up
And let the world see all the beauty that you’re made of
‘Cause the way you hang your head nobody can tell
You’re my Virginia Bluebell
- Miranda Lambert

Stealing this one from a friend! :) also a HF user..

“Tell me, if I caught you one day
And kissed the sole of your foot,
Wouldn't you limp a little then,
Affraid to crush my kiss?...”

The poet's name is Nichita Stanescu

I'm sure I'll add more but I figured I'd get the ball rolling!

DrumRunner 06-27-2012 03:29 AM

I'm a BIG fan of Eleanor Roosevelt.. These are a few of my favorite quotes of Eleanor's..

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.

Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be ****ed if you do, and ****ed if you don't

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

In the long run, we shape our lives, and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die. And the choices we make are ultimately our own responsibility.

It is not fair to ask of others what you are not willing to do yourself.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

We are afraid to care too much, for fear that the other person does not care at all.

lilkitty90 06-27-2012 10:40 AM

love those! my favorite at the moment is
You is Kind,
You is Smart,
You is Important. <3

Speed Racer 06-27-2012 10:51 AM

'There's a danger in loving somebody too much, and it's sad when you know it's your heart they can't touch. There's a reason why people don't stay who they are, 'cause baby sometimes love just ain't enough.'

MHFoundation Quarters 06-27-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilkitty90 (Post 1568813)
love those! my favorite at the moment is
You is Kind,
You is Smart,
You is Important. <3

I just watched that movie again last night. Definitely on the favorites list.

My all time favorite quote is "The dictionary is the only place that success comes before work." (Vince Lombardi)

My favorite song lyrics, I love this song because I have some citified neighbors that don't particularly like my big red barn :wink:

"What do ya think about that" Montgomery Gentry

I heard it through the grapevine
My new neighbor don't like my big red barn
A '47 Ford, bullet holes in the door
Broke down motor in the front yard

I got a half a mind to paint a plywood sign
And nail it up on a knotty pine tree
Saying I was here first, this is my piece of dirt
And your rambling don't rattle me

Some people care about what other people think
Worry about what they say
Let a little gossip coming from a loose lip
Ruin a perfect day

Sayin', blah, blah, blah, just a jacking their jaws
Got a let it roll off of my back
I don't give a dern what other people think
What do ya think about that?

I wear what I want to, overalls, work boots
Crank my music up loud
Like to sling a little mud in my four wheel drive
Trek it all into town

Shoot a little eight ball down at the pool hall
Drink a beer with my friends
Now don't judge me and I won't judge you
'Cause we all get judged in the end

Ruin a perfect day

Ruin my perfect day

Say I don't give a **** what other people think
Tell me what ya think about that

NicoleS11 06-27-2012 11:07 AM

My fav quote is "If I could start again, a million miles away, I would keep myself, I would find a way." Its lyrics from the song "Hurt" by Johny Cash and Nine Inch nails.

I have it tattoo'd on my forearm as well..

Quixotic 06-27-2012 09:20 PM

My current favourite quote is from the book The Fault In Our Stars by John Green -
"My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations."

DrumRunner 06-27-2012 10:41 PM

These are awesome..

dbarabians 06-27-2012 10:48 PM

In spite of everything I still believe in the inherent goodness of mankind.... Anne Frank Shalom

IndiesaurusRex 06-28-2012 09:12 AM

I'm going to get this tattooed on me soon - "Like roses, we blossom, we die. Like roses, we fall apart." It's lyrics to a song by Bring Me the Horizon, called "It was Written in Blood", and the lyrics are extracts from the poet Sergei Esenin's suicide note. I guess they just remind me that losing people is a fact of life, and something that we all have to cope with, and should just appreciate their life when they "blossom".

There's a few from the book "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" -
"We accept the love we think we deserve" - reminds me of myself, and so many of my friends. Settling for the people that hurt us the most because we think that's all we're worth.
"And in that moment, I swear we were infinite" - I guess "infinite" is an abstract concept, but just imagine that moment when you're in the car, windows down, wind in your hair, and that song comes on the radio, and the moment is perfect.

And another Bring Me the Horizon quote, this time, "Home Sweet Hole" -
"Because I'm staring at the devil and the truth of it is, he's a lot more familiar than I'd care to admit.
If only I could focus, maybe if I could see,
If I didn't know any better I would say he looks just like me."

To me, that just signifies how we all have a "demon" inside of us, and sometimes we need to recognise it to defeat it.