The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayings to live by

2K views 29 replies 28 participants last post by  Hidalgo13 
#1 ·
I was chatting with my sister last night, trying to help her sort through a pile of drama and it got me thinking. We make life so frustrating and complicated because we so often create our own emotions out of unrealistic expectations and false assumptions. As part of our conversation, I told her this:

"Expect nothing, be grateful for the little things, and the world is your oyster."

I think this is my phrase to live by.

I'd love you hear yours. Please share!

#3 ·
"When one door closes, another one opens up. You just have to be ready to walk through it."

That's probably the best piece of advice my grandma ever gave me, and I'll carry it with me forever. I'm getting a tattoo on my arm that says 'Look for the open door'. :) Another one was when things got rough, she'd say, "This too shall pass". And she was always right. :wink:

Reactions: Koolio
#8 ·
No matter how bad it is, it can always be worse. Joe4d,

"Do or do not. There is no try"..... yoda

Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. Josey Wales.

#10 ·
There are three kinds of people, those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened.

When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.

Life isn't like a box of chocolates....it's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your butt tomorrow.

The person at the top of the class receives the same degree as the person at the bottom.

Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

#15 ·
My favorite saying/quote that I live by- "No one is stupid, however if you judge a fish on it's ability to climb a tree then it will live it's whole life believing that it is stupid." (see signature XD)

-"It is of practical value to learn to like yourself. Since you must spend so much time with yourself you might as well get some satisfaction out of the relationship."

Reactions: Koolio
#20 ·
Do not be afraid of shadows. They simply mean that there is light shining somewhere nearby.
Ruth E. Renkel

The only disability in life is a bad attitude.
Scott Hamilton

"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see."
Mark Twain

#25 ·
Fine (as if when someone, especially a ticked off female, says they are fine)= Freaked out, Insecure, Neurotic, and Emotional.

It's not arguing, it's simply agreeing from a different angle.

It's not about waiting for the storm to pass, but about getting out and dancing in the rain.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me."

”It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.”

“If you want to test your memory, try to recall what you were worrying about one year ago today.”

When you are dealing with a tough situation, you have 2 choices. You can either moan and complain and waddle in your misery, or you can decide that it will make you stronger,learn from it, and move on. YOU determine your own happiness, the circumstances put in front of you are simply circumstances.

Never take a day for granted, you never know when it could be your last.

Your family consists of whoever you want it to be, blood has little to do with it.

Eat to live, don't live to eat.

I think one of the best pieces of advice I ever recieved was from my parents. Money is a tool by which we live, not a reason to live. Use it like it is, a tool. It is nothing more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.