The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Boarding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-boarding/)
-   -   Looking for Board in St. Augustine, Florida! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-boarding/looking-board-st-augustine-florida-128701/)

gotxhorses 06-27-2012 10:58 AM

Looking for Board in St. Augustine, Florida!

Hey! I posted a thread a while back saying I was looking for board in various locations since I'm going off to school at the end of the summer. Basically, all of those places are ruled out and I am now going to attend Flagler College in St. Augustine, Florida.

I need to find some places around there to board! I've found a few I really like, but I want to know if any of you all know of any reasonable places around there.

What I'm looking for in a barn:
Arena w/ jumps (preferably lighted), no drama, and knowing that my horse will be well cared for.
I'm okay with pasture board, as long as there is a run-in or some sort of shelter so my horse can get away from the heat or weather. I'm currently paying $375 and working off some of my board by helping out feeding horses and up-keep on the barn.

I'm looking to drive up to 25 minutes, hopefully closer, but it's okay if the barn is worth it.

Thanks so much!

jfisher256 06-27-2012 04:27 PM

I'm not really sure of board in that area, but I've been there and it's absolutely gorgeous and I know someone who to Flagler and loved it.

Good luck! :) Just wanted to say that lol.

gotxhorses 06-27-2012 04:36 PM

Is it? I haven't been down there yet, so I've been kind of worried. My dad picked the school out because he liked it when he went to visit friends, and he's paying, so it was more his decision than mine. Haha. It looks pretty from what I've researched. But horse farms seem to be a bit further out (20-30 minutes) which is okay with me.

jfisher256 06-27-2012 04:47 PM

Haha, yeah I didn't see many horse farms in the area when I was down there. I would love to go to school down there but I'm more of a person who wants to stay closer to home.

caseymyhorserocks 07-02-2012 07:39 PM

Well, I think I posted several places on your other thread, so bear with me if you have already seen these from me (no way am I going to remember which ones I posted!). Searched on internet, never been

TSF Horse Stable Facility
Double TT Stables Equestrian Center - Horse Boarding
Boarding - A place where horses are loved unconditionally!
Jacksonville and St Augustine Horse Boarding | Bridlebourne Stables

Drifting 07-03-2012 09:27 AM

It's a gorgeous location, and really cool history to the fort there. I visited it once in high school, its got this fun little village to walk through near the old Fort.