The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Its ABOUT that time!~~ Swimming anyone? (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/its-about-time-%7E%7E-swimming-anyone-128717/)

barrelbeginner 06-27-2012 01:50 PM

Its ABOUT that time!~~ Swimming anyone?

So to me i am like its that weather now! Where i am anyways! its been over 100degrees for the past 7 days! It is on my bucket list for this summer to go swimming with my horses! I have a huge puddle by my house and it is oh about knee deep with my smaller horse..I WANT TO SEE YOU AND YOUR HORSES SWIMMING! ANYONE? :D:D

VanillaBean 06-27-2012 07:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I live near two horseable ponds and I take John and Sheena swimming a lot. Super fun. Johnny will actually put his whole head under. Sheena doesn't like much past her withers, though.

This is me and Johnny last summer.

waresbear 06-27-2012 08:20 PM

Well it hasn't been warm enough here yet, but last September, we headed out to Horse Lake (yes, real name!) and tried it out....

barrelbeginner 06-28-2012 12:38 PM

lucky you guys! I dont really have anything but this small 'hole' as i call it.. it fills up about right below the knees of my horse.. ill post some though:)

barrelbeginner 06-28-2012 12:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
as you can tell in one of the pictures from the mud behind us.. it used to be up to his knees.. now its not:/ we need some rain.. lol this is as best as i can get for now lol:D, DONT STEAL MY PHOTOS! I WILL GET YOU!!!!.. thats your warning.. thanks

JazzyGirl 06-28-2012 01:10 PM

Gah That awesome you Guys! The closest I get to water on my horse is the trough haha

barrelbeginner 06-28-2012 01:27 PM

lol good one girly.. Well you guys are coming along great. Some day hun! Some day ha ... We have to fo riding together!!! Maybe we can find some real water.
Posted via Mobile Device

JazzyGirl 07-05-2012 01:54 AM

Horsetooth darling. We shall go their next summer for a trail ride in Lory State Park and then after words SWIM with the horses in HorseTooth Resivour.

uflrh9y 07-05-2012 08:28 AM

Those are such great photos. When I was younger my friend Bonnie and I would ride our horses through the lake. However her horse Sundance had a bad habit of laying down and rolling in the water. :)

barrelbeginner 07-05-2012 11:19 AM

jazzy- i dont think you can talk horses into horsetooth because of the boats.. but there is a pond lake think up at loristate park somewhere