The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   Odd breed of horse (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/odd-breed-horse-12884/)

Kentucky 08-06-2008 08:46 PM

Odd breed of horse

What is the most unusual breed of horse you ever heard, but never seen and possible won't ever and why?
The Beor horse from South Africa, I have no plans to go there or plans to import one to the USA.

breezeypoo<3 08-06-2008 08:54 PM

I have no clue
...but I just saw that your name is Kentucky. Im from Ky!!!

Salty_alydaR 08-06-2008 09:06 PM

hmm..i would probebly say the Kathiawari horse. because their ears are so unusual. but i think its cool

doc_western 08-06-2008 10:19 PM

I'd say the Katiawari aswell. i saw a picture of them in my breed book and had to giggle a little when i saw those ears...cool lookin' horses, though :D

Fruitloops 08-07-2008 01:18 AM

The Kerry Bog pony is a critically endangered, rare breed that I will probably never see in my lifetime. But I am totally fascinated by them; they have an interesting ability to move easily over boggy and marshy ground because of their low body mass. Theres only around 150 registered Kerry Bog ponies in the world.

I have ALWAYS wanted to meet a Newfoundland Pony; I am so inthralled by them, they remind me of miniature Canadian horses, which are one of my favourite breeds. They are also a very rare breed, with just over 300 horses registered and they extremely tough and hardy for their demure size.

The Spanish Jennet horses are also quite interesting, being a very ancient breed that has offered it's aristocratic bearing, appealing colour, special gaits, and athleticism to many breeds, the Paso Fino and Peruvian Paso being some of them.

Kentucky 08-10-2008 11:51 PM

Another, is the Don breed.It was/is the horse of the Cossacks tribes/ people snd their famous cavalry

Miss Katie 08-11-2008 05:23 AM

The Katiawari, I want one one day because I love their exotic beauty, and Id love to experiment with cross breeding them with the arab.

Americans have some very unusual breeds. Kiger mustangs, rocky mountain horses, colorado ranger horses. There are so many!

horse_luver4e 08-11-2008 09:59 AM

I love the Kathiawari and Marwari horse. I'm planning on getting one next spring from a farm in America that acually has them.

LadyDreamer 08-11-2008 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruitloops
The Spanish Jennet horses are also quite interesting, being a very ancient breed that has offered it's aristocratic bearing, appealing colour, special gaits, and athleticism to many breeds, the Paso Fino and Peruvian Paso being some of them.

Did you know that Appaloosa's share a link to the Spanish Jennet Horses. That is why some Appaloosas are, in fact, gaited.

CremelloCowboy 08-14-2008 02:34 PM

Quote:

Did you know that Appaloosa's share a link to the Spanish Jennet Horses. That is why some Appaloosas are, in fact, gaited.
Wow LadyDreamer that is very cool, I had no idea about that.

As for the question..hmmm.. I would have to say.. Quarter Horses, hahahaha NOT.
My real answer is probably the Camargue horse from southern France. They are not so much unusual, I think they are very neat. But I do not think I will get to see one in my lifetime.