The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse Obstacle Course Questions!

5K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  DancingArabian 
#1 ·
Hello!
I am dead set on wanting to create a horse obstacle course (thank you Clinton Anderson)

Anyone ever made/built a:
horse bridge

steps/pedastal
pool noodle curtain
etc etc etc

Pictures to share?
Basic how to?

See less See more
#4 ·
Ive made a few of the simpler things but I don't have pics. I made an arch out of PVC and hung colorful paper streamers through it. Set trot poles halfway into the ground to make a fake ditch. Pieces of wood half the length of trot poles let you make patterns to weave through and you can tie things to the wood like balloons and pinwheels. I'd love to make bigger things but I suck at carpentry :(

Gentle Dove farm, if it's what I'm thinking about, has some great stuff on it!
Posted via Mobile Device

#5 ·
A friend of mine did some cool things around her property. One was a huge thick coil of rope that was placed like a mild serpentine, safe enough not to trip over. Another was a number of poles spaced like an asterik, you could choose how wide the space to walk over. She placed some large and medium size rocks like a creek bed so her horses had to pay attention as if on the trail. Hung some long plastic strips between two trees and called it the horsie wash. Hung a row of plastic ducks up high between two trees. She clicker trains and uses big log stumps as targets on which to stand, also.

#6 ·
Permenant obstacle instilation

I posted this question somewhere else on this forum....don't know now but I want to install a large permanent obstacle course like Clinton Anderson's in our park/horse trail....the Mayor is for it, my question is if you had a really nice free! obstacle course near you would you trailer your horse to go to it?

#7 ·
Heck yes I would. I'd keep going until he was bored with all of the obstacles. Then I would hope that they were changed out.

I recommend some kind of system where a few obstacles are changed and a few outright replaced every few months. It will encourage people to come back. Modifying obstacles can be done just by changing colors or textures or rearrange shapes, etc.
Posted via Mobile Device

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.