The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Farm Animals (http://www.horseforum.com/farm-animals/)
-   -   StUpId CoW (http://www.horseforum.com/farm-animals/stupid-cow-129074/)

barrelbeginner 06-30-2012 02:45 PM

StUpId CoW

grr! im gettting so irritated! i have a cow and she likes to jump fences! like she will scale them! they are taller then her and she can clear them with muliple inches between her and the fence! and she is a fat cow! she should be calving next month, which is bad! but good! Im going to seperate the calf and bottle feed it after a couple weeks and send this darn cow down the road! i just dont want to wait freaking 3 months and deal with her getting out evry 3 freaking minutes to go and get rid of her! anyone have any ideas!

and no barbed wire doesnt work.. she jumps that too! we are buuilding a chute right now and i might just put hher in there and see how she likes it.. or just put her in the stock trailer! GRR this is getting old..:twisted:

panels nope: tried that and she useed her horns to lift them up! now she does it even if i am right there to watch her>:0

EthanQ 06-30-2012 02:48 PM

My family raises beef, and we had a longhorn who could jump like a deer! We put a logchain around his neck (loosely, like you would a dog collar) and it was just enough to messup his balance so he couldn't jump. We finally got him fat enough and shipped him off. He could wearout and outrun any of the best ropin horses round here haha

Delfina 06-30-2012 02:50 PM

Why is she leaving? Our two kept getting out until we fenced off 30 more acres for them. Now they wouldn't leave if the fence fell down, way too busy stuffing their faces.

barrelbeginner 06-30-2012 03:05 PM

We have 18 longhorns, I dont know she is a younger cow probably 3, a corentte cross too.. and we have 40 acres. she just decides she wants to be close to the house and us i guess! well will she have a surprise coming! and she is out again! grr i gotta go!

QHriderKE 06-30-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EthanQ (Post 1574237)
My family raises beef, and we had a longhorn who could jump like a deer! We put a logchain around his neck (loosely, like you would a dog collar) and it was just enough to messup his balance so he couldn't jump. We finally got him fat enough and shipped him off. He could wearout and outrun any of the best ropin horses round here haha

We never put that much effort into fence crawlers. They get a few chances and then we just sell them, it's just not worth it.

grayshell38 06-30-2012 03:16 PM

Maybe she needs to be saddle broke and become your new H/J!

DancingArabian 06-30-2012 04:20 PM

Celeste 06-30-2012 07:56 PM

A cow calf pair will probably bring a lot more money than just the cow. Bottle babies never do as well as mama raised babies. I would sell the pair, or just sell the bred cow as a bred cow.

COWCHICK77 06-30-2012 08:17 PM

I agree with Celeste, cattle prices are up. You will get more for a heavy bred cow or a pair than just herself. Then you have a leppy bottle calf you have to feed...

Haul her to the sale.

Roperchick 06-30-2012 08:22 PM

haha one of my heifers jumped through a stall window last winter when they were trying to get her branded! better over than through though.
i would just take her to a sale. better to get rid of the trouble makers and get some profit than waste energy, time, and money trying to build higher and higher and keep her in.