The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack Reviews (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/)
-   -   Crosby Dressage Saddle? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/crosby-dressage-saddle-129123/)

Ray MacDonald 06-30-2012 11:09 PM

Crosby Dressage Saddle?

I am thinking of buying this saddle?

Black Crosby dressage saddle - Edmonton Sports Goods For Sale - Kijiji Edmonton Canada.

Is it a good saddle?

tinyliny 07-01-2012 12:21 AM

Crosby makes a good quality product. I had an old Crosby that I loved, but it had the hardest thigh rolls, it would hurt my knees. That one looks good. Kind of expensive, but I don't know what they go for. I'd look aroud a bit more , or offer them a bit less.

mammakatja 07-01-2012 01:06 AM

I won the exact same saddle on ebay a few months ago and LOVE it. I think mine might be slightly older but it looks just like the one in your picture. I can't quite tell if yours is black or brown. Mine is brown which is one of the reasons I bought it. I know, a little odd for dressage but I like it. I won mine for 299 so like the previous person said, maybe a little high, but it is definitely a good saddle. It took a little bit of digging for me to find a three buckle dressage girth, but I finally did find one.

Jore 07-01-2012 11:58 AM

I ride in an All Purpose Crosby saddle, my instructor bought it used.. but it's just about the comfiest saddle I've ever rode in. I love it.

Allison Finch 07-01-2012 12:11 PM

very nice saddle. I didn't see where it said what seat size and what width, though. THAT makes all the difference in the world.

Ray MacDonald 07-01-2012 09:22 PM

I e-mailed the owner and they said it was a 16.5 and black. Would a 16.5 be too small for me? I have a 17.5 AP saddle and I find it wayy to big! I'll post some pics to show you. And what should I offer?

tinyliny 07-01-2012 09:25 PM

how tall are you? are you thin or not? 16.5 is pretty small.

Ray MacDonald 07-01-2012 10:12 PM

I'm 5'3" and 106 lbs... I'll post a pic

Ray MacDonald 07-01-2012 10:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are some pics. The saddle I am riding in is 17.5.. It looks okay but I have a whole hand width infront and in back, thats why I think its too big.. Also it puts me in a bad postion...

mammakatja 07-02-2012 02:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Actually mine is also a 16.5 and I'm 5'11" and 125 lbs. It fits me perfectly. I had to buy myself some 60" stirrup leathers but obviously that's where you and I differ. LOL! But going by your pictures as well as your measurements, a 16.5 would work just fine for you. It's funny how similar our situations are. I too have a 17.5 all purpose Stubben and it's slightly too big for me but it doesn't seem quite as big as yours. Yours is definitely a little on the bigger side for you. I would offer maybe $600 or so for yours. It definitely seems a little newer than mine and it's a soft ride which mine isn't. And yours includes the 3 buckle girth which I had to buy extra. But I checked ebay for Crosby softride dressage saddles and $600 seemed to be the range they're going for. Maybe they'll kind of meet you in the middle. I'm attaching a pic of mine as a comparison. Like I said, I won it for 299 on ebay. Keep us posted on your decision. :-)

Attachment 104805