The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   Critique this SE Arabian pedigree (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/critique-se-arabian-pedigree-129196/)

DancingArabian 07-01-2012 06:34 PM

Critique this SE Arabian pedigree

The more information you toss at me, the better. In particular, I'm interested to see if there's any specific discipline(s) make appearances, but I'll be very glad to hear anything and everything that can be determined. Other places to search for more information would be welcome too.

Here's the pedigree:

Imperial Kahlaam Arabian

mtngrl7500 07-02-2012 01:41 AM

Nothing I can suggest, but if you really want to know some stuff, Arlene Magid is awesome. There is a fee, but it's not crazy expensive. She knows Arabians like the back of her hand, her knowledge amazes me.

Arlene Magid ~ Arabian Horse Consultant

goneriding 07-02-2012 10:22 AM

A lot of nice horses in its pedigree.

DancingArabian 07-02-2012 03:50 PM

Bumping up for the afternoon crowd
Posted via Mobile Device

Dreamcatcher Arabians 07-02-2012 04:33 PM

Well, as you know he's Straight, and also Al Kamsa. He's Saqlawi Jedraniyah in strain, through Gazieh. He should be gorgeous, the Saqlawi are know for elegance. His pedigree, Anasata and Imperial breeding, is very tight and clean. He should be high energy and very showy.

Here's a link to an article by Judy Forbis about the Al Saqlawiat:

Al Saqlawiyat - Saklawi - Le blog de Corsimokhan

His pedigree tells me he should be a very good looking horse with a personality and lots of go.

Chiilaa 07-03-2012 12:26 AM

I love horses that are heavily Nazeer bred, which your guy is. Love it!

Chiilaa 07-03-2012 12:39 AM

Ok, so I went and counted it out of curiosity. Nazeer appears in your boy's pedigree a whopping 33 times. If the tail line isn't to Nazeer, it's almost always to another Mansour son, Sheik El Arab. That is a really intense pedigree, it's making me want to go out and buy an Arabian right now...

DancingArabian 07-03-2012 09:54 AM

They're super fun. You totally should!

I'll post pics in a few days when his face looks better. He's got a crazy itchy head and scratched his dish on a post, consequently giving himself a bump and a bit of a gash. I swear every summer he mauls his face somehow (and he's got a fly mask on!!)
Posted via Mobile Device

EmilyJoy 07-03-2012 10:34 AM

waiting for some pictures! : )

Dreamcatcher Arabians 07-03-2012 01:09 PM

Yup! PICS PICS PICS! We NNNEEEEEEEEDDDDD pics!