The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Critique this SE Arabian pedigree

4K views 29 replies 9 participants last post by  Remali 
#1 ·
The more information you toss at me, the better. In particular, I'm interested to see if there's any specific discipline(s) make appearances, but I'll be very glad to hear anything and everything that can be determined. Other places to search for more information would be welcome too.

Here's the pedigree:

Imperial Kahlaam Arabian

#5 ·
Well, as you know he's Straight, and also Al Kamsa. He's Saqlawi Jedraniyah in strain, through Gazieh. He should be gorgeous, the Saqlawi are know for elegance. His pedigree, Anasata and Imperial breeding, is very tight and clean. He should be high energy and very showy.

Here's a link to an article by Judy Forbis about the Al Saqlawiat:

Al Saqlawiyat - Saklawi - Le blog de Corsimokhan

His pedigree tells me he should be a very good looking horse with a personality and lots of go.

#7 ·
Ok, so I went and counted it out of curiosity. Nazeer appears in your boy's pedigree a whopping 33 times. If the tail line isn't to Nazeer, it's almost always to another Mansour son, Sheik El Arab. That is a really intense pedigree, it's making me want to go out and buy an Arabian right now...

Reactions: Wallaby
#8 ·
They're super fun. You totally should!

I'll post pics in a few days when his face looks better. He's got a crazy itchy head and scratched his dish on a post, consequently giving himself a bump and a bit of a gash. I swear every summer he mauls his face somehow (and he's got a fly mask on!!)
Posted via Mobile Device

#15 ·
Finally:)

Looked at the pedigree. The Serenity Arabians were all selected for being riding horses. English, dressage and jumping.
Then Orashan...bred in Germany. His sire Messaud is known for being of extraordinary character. In fact he was usually seen in presentations completely wrapped in plastic and kids sliding off his butt.
Posted via Mobile Device

#16 ·
I guess that's where he gets this from!

My little wildman loves to trick people into thinking he's a mellow dead head. Little do they know that he can be a hellion (it's a tiring ride, and a heck of a workout, but it's usually fun to ride out the acrobatics)

#18 · (Edited)
Imperial Al Kamar is a beautiful stallion that produces really well. Of course, he has that sexy tail female line through Serenity Sonbolah that just screams athletic.. adore that mare!

Imperial Baarez on the dam's side is another strong point for me, one of my favorite stallions and her dam's sire line Ibn Safinaz... gosh he has all my favorites :)

Should be uber pretty with a strong influx of athletic in there. As far as disciplines its hard to say. A lot of old halter blood in there, not the wispy "in style" halter horses you see in the Class A show world now. I'd bet this guy (girl?) is very classic looking, doesn't surprise me they are grey lol .... but I'd be looking for pretty leather to dress them in for a working career. This pedigree screams "riding horse" to me that is pretty enough to turn around and go halter as well.

Love the hip and substance on this guy and what a beautiful face :)

#19 ·
If anyone is curious, my horse has at least one full brother - Imperial Kal-El. He's a breeding stud somewhere but not sure where now. I think he was in Belgium last time
I saw things about him on the web.
Posted via Mobile Device

#23 ·
I haven't had the time to ride much lately between a sucky mini-vacation, Zumba training and now 2 midterms (one down, one to go), so I've just been free lunging him for 20 minutes or so when I can.

Here's pictures! They're not great because they're from my dying iPhone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.