The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Western Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/western-riding/)
-   -   horse tripping not as cruel as some here say it it (http://www.horseforum.com/western-riding/horse-tripping-not-cruel-some-here-129225/)

evaluna 07-01-2012 11:42 PM

horse tripping not as cruel as some here say it it

BarrelWannabe 07-01-2012 11:46 PM

Oh boy, here we go again...
Posted via Mobile Device

evaluna 07-01-2012 11:49 PM

watch before you talk please.

katbalu 07-01-2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarrelWannabe (Post 1576416)
Oh boy, here we go again...
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey... That's what i was going to say...

The video includes steeplechasers and jumpers tripping. I believe The OP is trying to say that he thinks some on here are the pot calling the kettle black with 'cruelty'. However, because of the confrontational nature, I'm sure it will come to blows.... Shortly

BarrelWannabe 07-01-2012 11:56 PM

evaluna, I don't need to watch it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Zeke 07-01-2012 11:58 PM

I watched but, I more just honestly (and naively) wonder what tripping is for? Can I even ask for a strictly informational answer from someone?
Posted via Mobile Device

wyominggrandma 07-01-2012 11:58 PM

Okay, I watched... All horses involved in sports can be injured, just as they can be injured in the pasture. However, to watch horses be forced to run in a circle with horses chasing it, then rope its front legs and watch it fall????????????
Yeah, okay, thats real special. Wait, please run around a ring and let me rope your legs and then pull them out from underneath you and watch you fall on your neck,head, shoulders, back or whatever, then tell me its okay and a sport.
Nothing positive from me.

Cat 07-02-2012 12:00 AM

Can't believe I wasted my time and actually watched that. The warped logic in the video isn't even worth debating about.

itsapleasure 07-02-2012 12:00 AM

Watched most of it........didn't need to go all the way through it.....certainly would not let anyone do that to my horses and feel it is wrong. Having a horse run around an arena, rope their legs out from under them and make them fall is just wrong. Just my humble opinion :-x

Skyseternalangel 07-02-2012 12:01 AM

Look I saw your other thread but chose not to get involved.

You are entitled to your opinion. But what you are NOT entitled to is to flame other riding styles, disciplines, methods, or members!

You have not ridden in these other disciplines. You've never been on a cutting, reining, or english horse. You only bring your 'sport' up by putting others down. That is wrong.

You cannot expect us to take you seriously when you have such disrespect for others that don't share your interests.

And now since I have PERSONALLY SEEN the AFFECTS of your training method/style, I can say this with honesty:

I am Spanish.. I know we are very proud of our culture and whatever. But cut the crap. Treat the horse as a team mate, not a living breathing thing to manipulate as you could a bike. Let me throw a lasso around your legs as you run away and drag you from a horse. I'm sure you'd LOVE that *sarcasm.*

Now that I have expressed myself, I will leave this thread with poise.