The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   is there any quiet trail horse for sale? PLEASE READ! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/there-any-quiet-trail-horse-sale-129286/)

i love my arab 07-02-2012 11:56 AM

is there any quiet trail horse for sale? PLEASE READ!

PLEASE READ WHOLE THING

Hey everyone I live in south eastern Pennslyvania. My town is in Bucks County, near Montgomery and Leigh County. It is also near Quakertown, lancaster, and the closest city is Philadelphia.

I've been looking for a horse for a few years now, but cant quite seem to find one. Here's what I'm looking for. If you know of any horses that fit this description please tell me! Thanks so Much! Oh and my price range is up to 2,500 dollars at the most.

quiet, SAFE, kid friendly horse. Can be any age, but NOT young and preferabbly older aged.(12-20s). I'm not a fancy show person. All i want is a horse that will do small trail rides, maybe go bareback once in a while, will tolerate being groomed and loved, and just likes people! I really just want a horse to love. Prefreablly a gelding, since we have geldings around us and i tend to get along with them better. It can most certainly be a mare though if she is right for me! the size I would like is small horse... in the 14-15 hands area. I would like it to be pretty bombproof. And it would have to be able to be ridden alone. We have cows and horses across the street, but are not in the situation to own TWO horses right now.

PLEASE tell me if you know any horses that follow these guidelines or any farms that sell horses like this. Again, the horse does NOT have to follow these guidelines EXACTLY but I would like it to be kind of in this range. Thanks so much everyone!

egrogan 07-03-2012 03:08 PM

Not sure if you'd be willing to travel to central VT- I understand that could be a bit of a trip for you- but I recently had a great experience horse shopping at Mountain View Ranch in Danby, VT. They have a wide variety of horses with the personality you're describing. They may be priced a little higher than you're thinking, and I'm not sure how much room Letitia, the owner, has for negotiations. However, I'd say if you're willing to travel, it would be worth a conversation with her. When I went to look at one horse that caught my eye online, she had two others for me to try out as well, so it would be a worthwhile trip for you. I found all of them to be just as they were described online, which was encouraging.

Country Woman 07-03-2012 03:16 PM

Good luck with your search

wetrain17 07-03-2012 05:03 PM

Have you looked on DreamHorse?

rookie 07-03-2012 08:16 PM

Hi,
Have you looked at Standardbreds available on the standardbred retirement foundation. They have horse for adoption that might meet your requirements including a retired police horse. They are located in New Jersey but with you being so close to basically amish country they might have some leads on horses in that area.

i love my arab 07-03-2012 08:46 PM

Thanks everyone for the advice :D I have looked on dream horse and haven't found anything i like that is in my price range. :P I would be up for the trip to VT, but I don't think my parents would haha! And thanks rookie I'll look into standardbreds.

wetrain17 07-05-2012 10:21 AM

i love my arab-I just PMed you

i love my arab 07-05-2012 04:31 PM

Sorry if I sound dumb wetrain but was does PM mean?

wetrain17 07-05-2012 04:46 PM

private message. go to the top right of your screen where your notifications are.

i love my arab 07-05-2012 06:12 PM

Wetrain this is hysterical! believe it or not, I've visted that blue roan mare, Blue! She was very laid back but very lazy. and I also visited skyline stables and couldn't stand the guy who sold either! Thats hilarious!!!!! i did buy a mare from skyline but she was drugged and we bought a energetic horse we didnt think we thought we bought. then we traded her in for a young QH boy and he died from botulism :( Thhat is such a conincidence that i saw blue already!