The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Kyra should be fine. (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/kyra-should-fine-129308/)

dbarabians 07-02-2012 01:06 PM

Kyra should be fine.

My daughter collapsed Sat, and was rushed to the hopital.
A tumour was found near her brain. It was removed and she is resting and should recover fully.
I thank everyone for their likes, comments, post, and PM's.
They came at a time when they were much needed.
While she was undergoing surgery and in the recovery room reading this and other forums distracted me from my worry.
Those were the longest 10 hours I have ever been through.
they do not believe the tumour was maliignant.
Her recovery will take a while but she should fully recover.
Thanks to each and everyone that just posted something on a any thread for me to read about anything.
The distraction was needed to keep my sanity and wits about me.
This forum and a couple of others were a comfort to me.
Shalom Donald

tinyliny 07-02-2012 01:14 PM

I am so relieved to hear that she will recover. I knew that you were facing a personal challenge but wasn't sure it was private or not. My prayers are for her speedy recovery.

farmpony84 07-02-2012 01:28 PM

That is a very scary situation and I am certain you will have fears and concerns for a long time to come. I'm glad to hear the prognosis is good. I hope all is well on your end. Be sure to eat healthy and get some sleep because many times, in these situations, people forget to take care of themselves and that's no good either.

kait18 07-02-2012 01:29 PM

oh my goodness... so sorry to hear, hope your little one has a fast recovery. my prayers are with you guys.

NorthernMama 07-02-2012 01:38 PM

I'm sorry that I missed the other thread. My thoughts are with you. I've been there and the not knowing is soooooo long for sure. I'm glad that others were able to give you thoughts when you needed them.

I'm glad that the prognosis is good and recovery is coming along! :) It's really tough to see your child go through this, but it's amazing what a younger body can handle. I hope the doctors are staying in regular communication with you.

Hugs.

kitten_Val 07-02-2012 01:45 PM

Very scary situation - I'd probably lose my mind as a parent! However I'm very glad she expects a full recovery. Hope it'll be fast one!

dbarabians 07-02-2012 01:50 PM

Thanks everyone.
Kait18 my little one is nearly 23 yo. LOL
I will sleep in a bed tonight.
My other daughter is coming from Israel.
We are a private family and I did not intend to reach out to strangers.
Yet , I do not believe that word applies to this forum. Shalom

Lockwood 07-02-2012 02:16 PM

Db Iím so glad to hear that her prognosis is good and a full recovery is expected!
I went through something similar with my son when he was 7 months old. Different area of the body but he needed emergency surgery to remove it as it had ruptured. I know how the wait (and the weight) feels.

Many hugs {{{{{{ HUGS }}}}}} to you and all of your family.
I will continue to hold all of you in my thoughts and prayers as she goes through recovery and like farmpony mentioned, try to take care of your self too, even though I know it is hard to do.
She will need your steadfastness as she makes her way through the maze of post surgery and other treatments or therapies. :-)

BigGreyHorse 07-02-2012 02:36 PM

Prayers for your daughter's healing and comfort for your family.

SouthernTrails 07-02-2012 08:40 PM

Donald,

Glad your Daughter is doing better, may she have a speedy recovery