The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack Reviews (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/)
-   -   m. toulouse... which model? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/m-toulouse-model-129315/)

huntjumpliz 07-02-2012 02:16 PM

m. toulouse... which model?

I've decided to order an m. Toulouse to try out on my gelding. I really like them for the price and I've heard nothing but good things.

There are so many models to choose from and I'm stumped!

I am mostly a jumper. The only time id ride hunter would be schooling shows so it doesn't have to be a real hunter saddle.

Any ideas just let me know! Thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device

huntjumpliz 07-04-2012 08:04 PM

help? Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Lexiie 07-04-2012 08:08 PM

I don't know if this would help you, but I have two saddles
an AP wintec that I used for general riding, trails, lessons, and I did jump in it
Then I got a close contact Crump. I use this all the time now. I really like jumping in it, and it really helps your position when you canter.

Since you like to jump, I would recommend a close contact(:

Lexiie 07-04-2012 08:19 PM

4 Attachment(s)
the AP, the wintec, has knee rolls, and the seat of the saddle comes up a bit higher. Also the panels are a bit wider.

With the CC, the crump, there are no knee rolls, the seat is much flatter, and the panels are much smaller.

Hollywood 07-13-2012 05:48 PM

I have the Toulouse florina. I love it but it is discontinued. You may be able to find a used one. I would stay away from the calfskin Toulouse saddles the second layer of leather tends to rub out in the first six months of use. Classic saddlery always have nice Toulouse saddles for sale very well priced.
Posted via Mobile Device

englishaqh 07-16-2012 01:13 PM

Have you looked at the Annice and Danise (not sure if I spelled those right)? I looked at them for myself. I have a Stubben at the moment but have considered purchasing one of the Toulouses. Those saddles are dreamy soft, the leather is seriously creamy. It is so comfortable. And I know they have a saddle called the Sienna, I'm not sure if that would be too deep a seat for you or not. Check out Dover Saddlery's website because they sell Toulouses and if you look online you might get a little bit of a better idea? Good luck.

kitten_Val 07-16-2012 01:15 PM

I have MT Claudine. Love it, and my trainer liked it a lot too. But they are not very common. Annice is a good model too. Be careful, because different models by MT fit differently.

farmpony84 07-16-2012 01:20 PM

I had the Annice and LOVED it. I only sold it because it didn't fit my horse properly. I now have a Bates and while I'm happy with it, I feel like that Annice was so much more comfortable.

equiniphile 07-16-2012 01:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I have an older Celine and I LOVE it. I bought it off a friend for $400 because my Collegiate no longer fits Excel. It has a flatter seat which many people don't like, but it works for me and I've had it out on XC, through water jumps, in hunter shows, jumper shows....

verona1016 07-18-2012 02:20 PM

Why pick? SmartPak has a bunch of H/J M. Toulouse models available for test ride- and they offer free shipping both ways.

http://www.smartpakequine.com/testridesaddle.aspx