The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Interested in buying, help on foal confirmation? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/interested-buying-help-foal-confirmation-129569/)

wtrbug23 07-04-2012 08:26 PM

Interested in buying, help on foal confirmation?

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all,
I am interested in buying this filly. She is a 4 month old Quarter Horse and I would like a second opinion on confirmation since she is so young. I plan on using her for pleasure and trail riding.

Lexiie 07-04-2012 08:33 PM

He's still growing into his body, so he's a little butt high.
He's cute(:

wtrbug23 07-04-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexiie (Post 1581142)
He's still growing into his body, so he's a little butt high.
He's cute(:

I think she's cute too! :wink:
I know all foals are butt high and the fact that she's turning her neck could attribute to that also. I'm just looking for a general critique on her. I like how her neck sits in her shoulders. Many QH have ewe-ish necks, but I think hers is nice.

Lexiie 07-04-2012 08:42 PM

SORRY! Completely forgot she was a girl!
Her neck looks pretty nice to me, I've never seen a QH with an ewe neck. Lot's of pasos and other gaited horses though.

ThirteenAcres 07-04-2012 08:42 PM

Overall I think she's well put together. Hard to tell at such a young age. But I like her hip and shoulder and she seems solid. Is she foundation bred? Cute color too! (not to condone buying strictly for color but it is icing on the cake!)

wtrbug23 07-04-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirteenAcres (Post 1581156)
Overall I think she's well put together. Hard to tell at such a young age. But I like her hip and shoulder and she seems solid. Is she foundation bred? Cute color too! (not to condone buying strictly for color but it is icing on the cake!)

Not sure about her being foundation, I'm still waiting on an answer for that. I know she has Doc Clabber, Mr. Gunsmoke and Doc Bar in her lineage. She looks foundation though! And yes, her color is the icing on the cake! I love Grulla's. :thumbsup:

ThirteenAcres 07-04-2012 09:01 PM

Unless she was waaaay overpriced, I wouldn'tpass her up without serious thought either. Haha. She's cute and gotta love a baby with a QH butt already.

paintedpastures 07-04-2012 09:23 PM

Seeing just your average,pretty common looking AQHA baby.Does look more foundation bred in appearance. See no glaring faults that would hinder her in what your pleasure/trail horse plans for her:-).

wtrbug23 07-04-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirteenAcres (Post 1581178)
Unless she was waaaay overpriced, I wouldn'tpass her up without serious thought either. Haha. She's cute and gotta love a baby with a QH butt already.

Lol at the butt quip! Thanks for your input! :lol:

ThirteenAcres 07-04-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wtrbug23 (Post 1581240)
Lol at the butt quip! Thanks for your input! :lol:

lol I'm a sucker for a QH butt!