The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   Arab pedigree, can you tell me what's in here? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/arab-pedigree-can-you-tell-me-129618/)

poppy1356 07-05-2012 11:06 AM

Arab pedigree, can you tell me what's in here?

So, thanks to another member here I finally got my mare's pedigree. But I have no idea what any of these names mean. Can someone tell me about her lines and maybe what she was bred for? Thank you.

Nv La Zizzi Arabian

poppy1356 07-05-2012 04:20 PM

Anyone?? I'm quite curious here.

Remali 07-05-2012 09:42 PM

I see some really great performance horses in her pedigree. She is a blend of Crabbet, and some Polish too. Very nice! Some major National Champions in her pedigree too. She should do well at many things, it is a heavy performance-bred pedigree. G-Amigo was one of my favorite horses, he was really beautiful. And Fadi was a Fadjur son.

I just noticed a smattering of Egyptian in there too... *Zarife (Gazyl's sire) was Egyptian.

poppy1356 07-05-2012 10:04 PM

Oooo yay. Now I wish she were a few years younger for endurance. But that certainly explains her temperament. It's so much fun to find out about her bloodlines. Thank you so much.
Posted via Mobile Device

poppy1356 07-06-2012 09:39 AM

Anyone else see anything interesting? I know nothing about Arab lines but I'm trying to learn.

BarrelRacernuffsaid 07-10-2012 01:52 PM

i can say she has great lines! just like my arab but he just is stock so i got him for a steal but blopodline is more of what you are paying for if you are not buying a pretrained horse

Speed Racer 07-10-2012 02:00 PM

A lot of performance horses 4 to 5 generations back in her pedigree. I don't know any of the names closer in except for Rochambeau, who was a Bask son.

walkinthewalk 07-10-2012 02:24 PM

If you're that interested, reading the history of the "Adam and Eve" of the horse world, as I like to call them, will provide you with a lot of information, not to mention historical value and entertainment.

My Arab is 26 and goes directly to Skowronek. He is old polish Arab royalty and wears a "do you KNOW who I am?" look when he doesn't get his curmudgeonly way. Generally he gets his way - he's an elder, I rescued him 19 years ago, he can pretty much have what he wants because he's not a bully, just a fuss-budget.

He has a big chocolate drop, just above his left rear coronet band on his white anklet that, according to lore, is the Blessing of Allah mark.

Here's a couple historical ariticles to get you started. If you click on the horses clear back on your own horse's papers, you will see the older generations and will recognize some of the names as they appear in many historical articles.

Arabian horse history

The History of the Arabian Horse

Arabs are an entity unto themselves. They have extreme intelligence and loyalty must be earned.

They are smart to their own un-doing which gets them into a lot of trouble with so-called trainers that don't allow them enough to time to learn what's being asked. Arab's mostly have to think it's their idea, not yours. Sort of like training a husband - lollollol

That is not my Arab in my avatar; that is my Tennessee Walker who was 16 in that pic but is now coming 25. My Arab is second-in-command behind this fella and they have been BFF's since they met 19 years ago.

Remali 07-10-2012 04:27 PM

Quite a few very good, well-known horses in there... Cla-Migo, Mujahid, *Bask of course, Heritage Elegant and Fadi, Lutaf, Witezar, El Gato.

poppy1356 07-10-2012 04:56 PM

Thank you all. I will definately read those articles. I look at these names and it's all a foreign language haha. I looked a bit on the aha website and found some of the names really far back in the history section.

I wasn't expecting a ton in her pedigree as she is a rescue from a breeder so I didnt expect much to be done with previous horses. But it's still exciting to hear about horses she's related too.
Posted via Mobile Device