The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   clothing for hot weather riding? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/clothing-hot-weather-riding-129926/)

snookums 07-07-2012 12:57 PM

clothing for hot weather riding?

I've been having trouble figuring out what to wear during the 90+ degree weather lately. I've been wearing shorts, but then my legs stick to my saddle and I end up peeling myself off after a ride. Wearing long jeans doesn't work, because I prefer not to melt underneath my clothing :?. Any suggestions as to what everyone wears to keep cool during the awful summer months?? Any particular brands that seem to work? I'm not overly concerned with fashion, and I usually ride western, but also occasionally ride english and bareback.

Any help is greatly appreciated :D

Tianimalz 07-07-2012 12:58 PM

I ride in my bathing suit that way I can multitask

Get one hell of a tan, and get riding time in at the same time! Win=win. :rofl: :rofl:

Although... it does look a little funky when the inside of your legs are the only bits not properly tanned...... :p

skittlesfirehawk 07-07-2012 03:01 PM

i ride in jeans and a tshirt I'm pretty sure most barns have a long pants rule for those of you wise hors alive at home your lucky

mtngrl7500 07-07-2012 03:35 PM

When I don't feel like riding in shorts, I ride in yoga pants. They can still be hot, but they aren't as heavy as jeans and breathe a little better.

BarrelracingArabian 07-07-2012 04:17 PM

Generally i ride in jeans and a tank top with sunblock on my shoulders and nose and a hat/ sunglasses as my eyes are auperesun sensitive for some reason and give me horrid headaches no matter how much water i drink. When i ride in shorts i just i dont have the sticking problem thank god haha but thats occasionally.i know the sports tank tops are good for rodomg

Sharpie 07-07-2012 04:32 PM

Jeans, boots, helmet, long sleeve thin blouse and sunglasses. The shirt gets damp but soaks through and is cool once it does... or I can splash some water on it before I go out and it's like air conditioning til it dries. I'll take the heat over a bad sunburn and road rash if my butt winds up in the dirt.

BarrelBunny 07-07-2012 04:43 PM

Jeans, boots, tank top. :-)

englishaqh 07-08-2012 12:13 AM

I'm an english rider, but I'll still share with you my usual summer wardrobe. And yes, the weather is the same here. (:

Typically I've been wearing a comfortable tank top, skinny jeans OR riding tights (very thin and lightweight mostly, I have one thicker pair but still manageable), paddock boots and half chaps. I also wear a ventilated helmet which is extremely comfortable for me and of course beneficial in this summer.

Stay cool!

QHriderKE 07-08-2012 12:25 AM

I ride in a tanktop (racerback is my fave) my "jeggings" (super thin stretchy skinny jeans), sunglasses, cap and boots.

If I sweat, at least I know I'm working :P

KissTheRing 07-08-2012 12:25 AM

Jeggings!!!!! Light material+ stylish! And for the shirt, Anything that is modest. I dont need creepy men lookin at my chest....
Suggesting a helmet as well =)