The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   God Gave Me You.<3 (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/god-gave-me-you-3-a-129940/)

CowgirlAtHeart 07-07-2012 02:37 PM

God Gave Me You.<3

*Your first heart-taker. Your biggest dream come true. All in all, your first horse.*

Hiya, it's Makayla. :-)
I'm a rider of 6 years, and a lover of paints and AQH. How about you?
I'd like you to share your memories of your first love.:-P

Copperhead 07-07-2012 02:46 PM

My first love was a leopard appaloosa named Rebel. He had a mohawk mane and lived in the pasture that sat next to the house my mom grew up in. I used to sneak over to his pasture and give him apples and carrots and lollipops, groom him and love on him. I never got to ride him, he was very, very old. But just hanging around him was enough to make me ruff him <3

redwing57 07-07-2012 02:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My first horse was a mostly white tabiano 9 year old mare that scared a 12 year old but me being 6 fell in love with her and owned her for 9 years with minimal riding problems untell the end of owning her. shes now retired and hangs out with her grandaughter all day.My last winter of actually owning her.i get and ocassinal vist. :/ Her names My miss dream catch aka misty(:

CowgirlAtHeart 07-07-2012 02:54 PM

D'awh, Copperhead.<3 That's so sweet. I had a summer romance with a beautiful Paint mare a few summers back. Her name was Angel, as her eyes were as blue as the sky above. I loved her SO much.

Tsk, Tsk, Tsk.. Sadly, I don't own my own horse, YET.. Still in the process of getting school finished, then off to college for some equine studying. :-) My dream horse is a beautiful chestnut AQH mare.<3

CowgirlAtHeart 07-07-2012 02:56 PM

RedWing- She's absolutely GORGEOUS. I worked at a barn where the instructor owned a paint that looked just like her, but her name was Magic. She wasn't allowed to be ridden, except by the owner, & her daughter.. She sure was a gorgeous piece of eye candy, though.

redwing57 07-07-2012 05:00 PM

cowgirl at heart. yeah we used to take her all over town she was the best horse and taught me so much. My family called her are Indian paint:D haha

LonesomeRanch 07-07-2012 09:18 PM

I currently own the first horse I fell on love with. My leopard appy Freckles. Ill have her until she is buried on my farm. I fell in love with her via a craigslist ad. Was in the car headed her direction before I even called the seller lol! She has medical issues and I don't even care what I have to spend to take care of her.
Posted via Mobile Device

eclipseranch 07-07-2012 10:12 PM

My first love was Scout from Lone Ranger fame. No not mine, of course, but when I was a little kid I used to dream that he was! Haha now I own 4 paints..gotta love childhood dreams :)

englishaqh 07-08-2012 12:10 AM

I'm a sucker for AQHs, hence the username hehe.. One in particular though <3
I love your subject. God gave me my baby, and I'm so thankful there are so many people who have either been gifted with the friendship and love of a certain horse or just the animal in general.

mtngrl7500 07-08-2012 02:00 AM

The first horse that got me hooked or my first horse? I'll tell both.

I remember this so clear, and I was 3 when it happened. My parents took a trip to Silver Dollar City and I remember seeing this guy with a white horse. I remember it being so pretty and I wanted to pet it. The man let me ride and walked me around on him a little and I remember feeling so big! Fast forward 30+ years, I was looking through some old pics with my hubby while visiting my parents and came across the pic of me on this "beautiful white horse". It was the most beat down looking white mule, but I'm grinning so big and I look so happy. I believe it was that horse (mule) that bit me with the horse bug.

At 18 my parents got my first horse, a grey Arabian gelding named Victor. He was awesome, the best first horse anyone could ask for. I swear, he always went one step more than what I felt capable of but only at the right time. He made me a confident rider and taught me so much. I have owned many since but none have I ever felt such a connection with. He truly was my heart horse and I stopped trying long ago to ever find one like him again.