The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Favorite Horse Movie? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/favorite-horse-movie-129979/)

CowgirlAtHeart 07-07-2012 07:26 PM

Favorite Horse Movie?

Hey, my horse lovers! Okay, okay, no REAL horse lover can have JUST one favorite horse movie.. But, if you HAD to choose, what would it be? Why? What's your favorite quality of the horse! Com'on! Post Here!:-)

Misty'sGirl 07-07-2012 08:37 PM

The Horse Whisperer, purely because it breaks my heart every time and that scene where the truck hits them... it is so real. It makes me shudder.

TristaJean 07-07-2012 08:40 PM

Spirit! :)
Posted via Mobile Device

jebrab 07-07-2012 08:46 PM

War Horse! He looks just like my Rusty :)

COWCHICK77 07-07-2012 10:06 PM

The Rounders with Glenn Ford and Henry Fonda....a classic!

trailhorserider 07-07-2012 10:28 PM

The Black Stallion........it's like poetry. It's my favorite horse movie EVER. It's so sad to see some of the younger kids have never seen it.

mtngrl7500 07-08-2012 12:23 AM

Oh gosh, there are so many! I'm not that old, but I love the old horse movies, like the original Flicka. If I have to pin one movie, off the top of my head, I'm going to say National Velvet (looked it up, 1944!). I can't really tell you why I like it so much, I just do.

Copperhead 07-08-2012 12:31 AM

The Last Unicorn >_>

I seriously hate horse movies. The people who make them have no idea how a horse functions or communicates. The one horse movie that could have been good was The Horse Whisperer, and they ruined that by going so far off track with their chick flick storyline that you forget what its really about. The opening scene was amazing though.

I haven't seen War Horse yet...

All the racing movies are bad. Horse wins at races, hurts a leg, and makes a comeback with a less than desirable jockey.

I'm voting for The Last Unicorn all the way ;)

I guess if that doesn't count, I'll vote for Spirit. But its just a mustang creating havoc wherever he goes... After a while you're like "Really, Spirit? Again?!"

Haha...man I sound so bitter. I should get my butt to bed!

OH! I'm gonna edit to add this because I actually remember a horse movie I liked!

Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken

Best. Movie. Ever.

shaggy 07-08-2012 12:33 AM

Spirit! Because I love how its told from the horses POV!

mtngrl7500 07-08-2012 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Copperhead (Post 1586422)
The Last Unicorn >_>

LOVE The Last Unicorn. I have it on DVD and I have the book. I saw it back when it first came out...I'm 36 and I still love it. :lol: